Before posting a new question, please check out our Internet / WiFi and Spectrum TV App troubleshooting pages for common issues, as well as useful information to include in your post.

Advanced Search Options

We have advanced search options to make it easier to locate posts, questions and answers on this community.
More information can be found at Advanced Search Options
If you are looking for something specific, please check if someone else has already asked or answered the same question.

Frequently Asked Questions

(Quick links to the current most searched topics)
How can I pause and rewind live TV using the Spectrum TV app?
Spectrum TV App Supported Devices

Messaging clients

DaCrawDaCraw Posts: 3 Spectator
edited November 15 in Spectrum Mobile Nov 15, 2022

I’m about to leave Verizon for Spectrum mobile. My question is around the messaging client used on the Spectrum platform.

My wife uses (and has used) Verizon Messages (8.3.4). I’m using Messages (11.5.50.11). Each of us have used IM for business. The company she’s working for is involved in potential contract litigation where they have been ordered to retain all email and texts. When we port to Spectrum, what’s the messaging client? Will 100% of her existing text threads with history (as they exist now) automatically find their way to Spectrum?

Comments

• DaCrawDaCraw Posts: 3 Spectator
    Nov 15, 2022

Isn’t this a simple question? Buehler?

• Randy_SRandy_S Posts: 401 Moderator
    Nov 15, 2022

Good afternoon @DaCraw and welcome to the Spectrum Community.

I switched from Verizon to Spectrum Mobile and I use iMessage because I have an apple phone. I also back up all my texts with the settings on my phone.

I think there are two concerns here:

Messaging Apps: It would not be the Verizon branded messaging app and you would need to use one provided that is native to Android.

Texts "moving over" - they would not be moved from the Verizon service to ours, just your number would port over. They may be backed up on your phone but you really want to double-check, triple check, that you are indeed backing up the texts to your hardware or some sort of cloud back up to make sure they are retained. All of my old texts I have available because I back up everything to iCloud via the iPhone

Honestly, I would highly recommend you talk with your legal counsel first if you haven't already. I know from personal experience that cases can get unnecessarily complicated when you change communication streams during the course of the case. They would probably have good advice along those lines. Its wise you asked before doing anything. I would hate for a service transfer issue to cause a potential unnecessary problems.

Randy

• DaCrawDaCraw Posts: 3 Spectator
    Nov 15, 2022

Thx Randy. The Verizon branded app is of course Android…in addition to the other messaging app which is on my phone (but moot for the purpose of my question).

Will have to dig in a bit more. Nothing is ever easy.

thanks again -