Before posting a new question, please check out our Internet / WiFi and Spectrum TV App troubleshooting pages for common issues, as well as useful information to include in your post.

Advanced Search Options

We have advanced search options to make it easier to locate posts, questions and answers on this community.
More information can be found at Advanced Search Options
If you are looking for something specific, please check if someone else has already asked or answered the same question.

Frequently Asked Questions

(Quick links to the current most searched topics)
How can I pause and rewind live TV using the Spectrum TV app?
Spectrum TV App Supported Devices

Why am I getting Error Code GDVR-1005 when trying to cancel a recorded series?

woodsguywoodsguy Posts: 4 Spectator
edited December 2022 in Channels & Programming Nov 26, 2022

I was away for awhile so I cancelled several of my daily recorded series via my cable box. When I returned I attempted to set up my series recordings again. When I do hit record for my favorite shows I only get an option to record an EPISODE not a series. It appears that a series recording still exists somewhere but is not reflected by the three red dots on my cable guide. When I attempt to cancel the series I keep getting error code GDVR-1005. I cannot find much info on this error code. I rebooted my box - no change. I removed power cable from box and rebooted - no change. HELP.

Tagged:

Best Answer

• Renee_TRenee_T Posts: 416 Moderator
    Nov 27, 2022 Answer ✓

Hello @woodsguy

Welcome to our community! I'm sorry to hear about the issues with the DVR. Currently there is a known issue that is causing customers who are trying to cancel a series recording to receive the GDVR-1005 error when there aren't any further episodes showing. We are working to get a fix rolled out to our cable boxes to alleviate this issue, but we have not been given an estimate on when that fix will be rolled out at this time.

Replies

• woodsguywoodsguy Posts: 4 Spectator
    Nov 27, 2022

Will you be announcing when the fix is delivered? Without this fix I have to set a episode recording of my shows each day. What a pain.

Nov 27, 2022

Thank you for the response Renee!

• HT_GreenfieldHT_Greenfield Posts: 197 Contributor
    Nov 27, 2022

Just curious whether you find the problem to also prevail via the Spectrum TV app.

Nov 28, 2022

I tried to set recording on the app. I set it and the notice on the app said it would take a while before it would be set. IT NEVER SET.

This discussion has been closed.