Before posting a new question, please check out our Internet / WiFi and Spectrum TV App troubleshooting pages for common issues, as well as useful information to include in your post.

Advanced Search Options

We have advanced search options to make it easier to locate posts, questions and answers on this community.
More information can be found at Advanced Search Options
If you are looking for something specific, please check if someone else has already asked or answered the same question.

Frequently Asked Questions

(Quick links to the current most searched topics)
How can I pause and rewind live TV using the Spectrum TV app?
Spectrum TV App Supported Devices

NY Islander Games Blacked Out in CT When on MSG2 or MSGSN2

MickeyKMickeyK Posts: 5 Spectator
edited December 2022 in Channels & Programming Nov 29, 2022

Hello.

I am a Spectrum TV customer in Trumbull, CT. When the NY Islanders play on MSG or MSG Plus (channels 37 and 38) I can view them without issue. However, if there are also Knick, Devil, Ranger games going on and using channels 37 and 38, the Islanders get bumped to MSG2 or MSGSN2 which are supposed to be aired on Spectrum channels 341 and 342. However, when I tune to those channels I get informed that the game is not airing or that I am blacked out. If I go to ESPN+ to watch the game, I'm told that I can't watch it because I'm in the local market.

Best Answer

• James_MJames_M Posts: 3,900 ADMIN
    Nov 29, 2022 Answer ✓

Hi @ welcome!

We provide the signal the networks use to broadcast, however we do not make programming decisions including decisions regarding content or blackouts. I have noticed this season that local games (Buffalo Sabres) are occasionally blacked out on MSG when they are available on Hulu. My guess is that the NHL may be considering streaming options, similar to the way the NFL is broadcasting TNF on Amazon Prime.

To provide feedback or to get more information on this topic, we suggest contacting the MSG Network or the NHL directly.

Thanks!

This discussion has been closed.