Before posting a new question, please check out our Internet / WiFi and Spectrum TV App troubleshooting pages for common issues, as well as useful information to include in your post.

Advanced Search Options

We have advanced search options to make it easier to locate posts, questions and answers on this community.
More information can be found at Advanced Search Options
If you are looking for something specific, please check if someone else has already asked or answered the same question.

Frequently Asked Questions

(Quick links to the current most searched topics)
How can I pause and rewind live TV using the Spectrum TV app?
Spectrum TV App Supported Devices

Left Arrow for Main Menu Doesn't Work All The Time.

blackbutterflyblackbutterfly Posts: 16 Participant
edited January 10 in Spectrum TV App Feedback for ROKU Nov 29, 2022

The left arrow should bring up the main menu. However, about every other time you select it, the guide comes up instead. Can this be fixed?

Replies

• Lyn_TLyn_T Posts: 74 Moderator
    Nov 30, 2022

Good evening @blackbutterfly

Thank you for reaching out to us about the main menu. We do not have any known issues regarding the arrow buttons. Are you using the Left Arrow button by the home button on the ROKU remote or the arrow button next to the OK button?

Have you attempted to uninstall the App and Reinstall the App yet?

-Lyn

• blackbutterflyblackbutterfly Posts: 16 Participant
    Nov 30, 2022

It's the left arrow button beside the home button for the main menu. It's happening on all of my rokus. Do I need to uninstall/re-install for all of them?

• William_MWilliam_M Posts: 523 Moderator
    Nov 30, 2022

Yes please, and make sure your Roku software is updated as well.

Dec 01, 2022

I did the uninstall/re-install and still have the issue. It does seem to be not as often though, maybe 1 out of 5 or 6 times.

• James_MJames_M Posts: 3,884 ADMIN
    Dec 01, 2022

Have you also tried restarting the Roku? If powercycling does not work,. you may need to also restart from the settings menu. If the issue continues after restarting, please let us know and include the model of Roku you are using.

Dec 01, 2022

I did restart all and it still does it. I have roku ultra 4660 and roku streaming sticks 3800.

Dec 02, 2022

When did you first notice the issue?

Is it happening on both Live TV and when viewing on-demand content?

Will you please verify you've checked for Roku updates by pressing going into your settings and selecting "System" and then "System update"?

• James_MJames_M Posts: 3,884 ADMIN
    edited December 2022 Dec 02, 2022

It also sounds like the remote may be lagging a bit, have you tried changing the batteries in the remote?

Dec 02, 2022

I forgot to mention that I had checked for updates and it said Spectrum TV is up to date. And like I said it is happening on all my devices and at least one has 65% left on the battery.

So it sounds like this is just one of those quirky things that only I am experiencing. Thanks for the help an I'll just live with it.

Dec 03, 2022

You're welcome. I do see you mentioned you uninstalled/reinstalled which should ensure the app is up to date, but you have not confirmed that you have gone into your Roku settings and done a system update on the Rokus themselves. If you have not done this recently it could definitely help! You could also try a factory reset, but since it is happening on both it is less likely this will help and you will need to set everything on them up again so do so at your own risk. Hopefully this helps or it just continues to happen rarely enough it is not annoying!

Dec 03, 2022

Fyi...system update = Spectrum TV is up to date and software update for roku = all software is up to date.

This discussion has been closed.