Before posting a new question, please check out our Internet / WiFi and Spectrum TV App troubleshooting pages for common issues, as well as useful information to include in your post.

Advanced Search Options

We have advanced search options to make it easier to locate posts, questions and answers on this community.
More information can be found at Advanced Search Options
If you are looking for something specific, please check if someone else has already asked or answered the same question.

Frequently Asked Questions

(Quick links to the current most searched topics)
How can I pause and rewind live TV using the Spectrum TV app?
Spectrum TV App Supported Devices

Will Spectrum provide a Better Router?

old_texanold_texan Posts: 44 Contributor
edited January 10 in Connectivity Dec 06, 2022

I'm on my 2nd RAC2V1K router. It's locked of course, but that's not the problem. The problem is DISTANCE. I have a modest size house -- 1500 sq ft. The router is in my home office at the front, and our main T^V is at the back. -- about 60 feet away.

The first one, had a really weak signal and streaming video kept dropping out. I figured it was a dud and got a 2nd from the local Spectrum store. This is better -- but not much. I still get dropouts more frequently than I'd like. It just doesn't seem to have any range.

Now, I can buy my own router. BUT - - - - I'm paying Spectrum. Does anyone know of a Specturm router model that's any better? I know it varies from region to region, and I live in San Antonio.

Or-- failing that -- any suggestions on a modestly priced router that would have that much reach. I'm only using it for 2 TV,s 2 desktop PCs, I laptop PC, and 2 cell phones. Hardly a big network since they don't all run at the same time.

Would appreciate any advice. Also, if I DO buy my own router, does that save me anything on my Spectrum bill? (Aside from the issue that if something then goes wrong, Spectrum won't come out and fix it. I think that's the only advantage of using their equip.)

Best Answer

This discussion has been closed.