Before posting a new question, please check out our Internet / WiFi and Spectrum TV App troubleshooting pages for common issues, as well as useful information to include in your post.

Advanced Search Options

We have advanced search options to make it easier to locate posts, questions and answers on this community.
More information can be found at Advanced Search Options
If you are looking for something specific, please check if someone else has already asked or answered the same question.

Frequently Asked Questions

(Quick links to the current most searched topics)
How can I pause and rewind live TV using the Spectrum TV app?
Spectrum TV App Supported Devices

How do I request Spectrum offer the Great American Family Channel in St. Louis?

bufmedstudbufmedstud Posts: 1 Newcomer
edited January 10 in Channels & Programming Dec 09, 2022

My wife really wants to watch the Great American Family Channel here on our Spectrum TV Choice plan, but it does not show up on the channel list in the St. Louis market. I see The Great American Family Channel is available on Spectrum in over 25 major markets (see below) including Kansas City, Indianapolis, Cleveland, Louisville, and many others in NY, TX and CA. How can I officially request Spectrum add a Channel to St. Louis market list?

Thank you!

Chris

Spectrum GAC Family Channel List

Location Channel

Los Angeles295

San Diego295

Anaheim295

Long Beach160

Bakersfield231

Reno130

Corpus Christi 295

San Antonio 295

Austin295

El Paso28, 295

Dallas266, 800

Birmingham45, 232, 1232

Montgomery143, 869

Lexington823

Louisville823

Charlotte295

Durham295

Raleigh295

Indianapolis232, 1232

Milwaukee255

Kansas City295

Columbus54, 823, 1823

Cincinnati255

Cleveland255, 1255

New York295

Albany295

Buffalo295

Replies

• William_MWilliam_M Posts: 535 Moderator
    Dec 09, 2022

Hi @bufmedstud, welcome to our community!

The reason GAC and some other channels like it only play in some markets is because it plays on local broadcast networks in those areas, and you can view local channels through Spectrum even though we do not carry GAC directly. We do thank you for taking the time to let us know about your interest in this channel and I will be happy to forward your feedback.

• HT_GreenfieldHT_Greenfield Posts: 197 Contributor
    edited December 2022 Dec 09, 2022

It's on channels 147 & 869 there but you're going to need to add (or switch from Digi Tier 1, to) Entertainment View which probably pre-requisites switching your TV Choice basic + expanded to TV Select basic + expanded which involves a price hit but welcome to the party, pal, but it's worth it because it adds a lot of other decent stuff like BBC World News and Cooking and Military History and Smithsonian and more along with Great American Family! It could take as little as several minutes for the upgraded line-up to come through but let me know if you have a Spectrum 100-series or 200-series Worldbox so i can explain how to "refresh" the line-up/guide on those things.

This discussion has been closed.