Before posting a new question, please check out our Internet / WiFi and Spectrum TV App troubleshooting pages for common issues, as well as useful information to include in your post.

Advanced Search Options

We have advanced search options to make it easier to locate posts, questions and answers on this community.
More information can be found at Advanced Search Options
If you are looking for something specific, please check if someone else has already asked or answered the same question.

Frequently Asked Questions

(Quick links to the current most searched topics)
How can I pause and rewind live TV using the Spectrum TV app?
Spectrum TV App Supported Devices

Skip unsubscribed channels using channel buttons on the remote

DHavens234DHavens234 Posts: 1 Newcomer
edited January 18 in Channels & Programming Dec 19, 2022

We have an older special needs gentleman living with us and I have a special remote setup for him that only gives him power on/off and channel and volume control. He does not have access to the guide or menu. Is there a way to make the set top box skip the channels that we're not subscribed to. Its very frustrating to have to fix his TV every time he gets it on an unavailable channel or one of the premium app channels.

Accepted Answers

• SatchSatch Posts: 4,861 Contributor
    edited December 2022 Dec 19, 2022 Answer ✓

Hello @DHavens234,

Welcome to the forum. You can filter most of the guides to show only Subscribed Channels:

For Spectrum Guide: With the full screen Guide displayed, press the OPTIONS or “A” button on the remote, then choose Guide Settings > Show Channels. Press OK to toggle between ALL CHANNELS and SUBSCRIBED.

For ODN Guide:: Press the Guide button on the remote twice and select the "Subscribed" channel filter.

1. For I-Guide: Press the Guide button on your remote to bring up the program guide.
    2. Continue pressing the guide button to cycle through your channels lists.
    3. Stop when you hit “Subscribed”.

If you do not have either one of these guides, Google Search "What Guide do I Have?", Spectrum. Enter your street address and zip at the first site or second site that comes up in search results. You will be taken to a list of guides that are on the cable boxes in your area. There should be sub-categories, and one of these should be channel filtering.

Please note: Assuming that you are using a rented Spectrum Cable Box or Spectrum DVR, you will need to use the remote supplied by Spectrum to set up those filters. Do you have the special cover for a Spectrum remote that is provided for seniors? You will need to remove that cover if you do, because you will need to press the Guide Button and arrow keys to set up the "Show Subscribed Channels Only" filter. To prevent the special needs gentlemen from changing the guide filter accidentally, you would have to put the cover back on the remote.

Satch

• SatchSatch Posts: 4,861 Contributor
    Dec 20, 2022 Answer ✓

Good Evening,

I also want to add that Spectrum has a special Accessibility Department to assist subscribers with special needs. If the OP has further questions, or needs help with his remote for the gentlemen living with him, he should call Spectrum's Accessibility Needs Department @ (844) 762-1301 to speak with a Disability Support representative.. Subscribers can get a Big Button Remote for seniors, remote covers to prevent accidental settings changes, among other things. Check out their website here:

Satch

This discussion has been closed.