Before posting a new question, please check out our Internet / WiFi and Spectrum TV App troubleshooting pages for common issues, as well as useful information to include in your post.

Advanced Search Options

We have advanced search options to make it easier to locate posts, questions and answers on this community.
More information can be found at Advanced Search Options
If you are looking for something specific, please check if someone else has already asked or answered the same question.

Frequently Asked Questions

(Quick links to the current most searched topics)
How can I pause and rewind live TV using the Spectrum TV app?
Spectrum TV App Supported Devices

Slow (almost non-existent) upload, especially at night, for the past month.

jdmuno0903jdmuno0903 Posts: 1 Newcomer
edited January 18 in Connectivity Dec 21, 2022

For the past month my internet has been really struggling in the speed department. I'm not getting anywhere close to what I am supposed to be getting (especially upload), and it is causing massive ping spikes in online games.

I had a Spectrum Tech come over about 2 weeks ago to look over my stuff. He came to a realization that he wouldn't be able to fix the problem but that he had escalated the situation and a Maintenance Crew/Supervisor of sorts (I forgot what he called it) would fix it within 48 hours.

Well, it wasn't fixed within 48 hours and 3 days ago I called and they told me via text message that again, it would be fixed within 48 hours. It hasn't.

I'm using these forums as a last resort in that maybe someone higher up the chain of command can help me. I believe I've been more than patient considering this has been going on a while now and I'm paying full price for something I'm not getting in return.

If someone has any experience with a similar situation, please let me know what steps I should take. It has been a really irritating experience.

I've uploaded some pingplotter/speedtest screenshots taken at the time of this post. I am paying for Spectrum Internet Ultra.

Best Answer

• William_MWilliam_M Posts: 535 Moderator
    edited December 2022 Dec 21, 2022 Answer ✓

Hi @jdmuno0903, welcome to our community!

Sorry to see your upload speeds are low, it looks like your download is much lower than it should be as well and that's not okay but it can definitely be fixed. Are you testing using a single device connected straight into the modem? If not can you test that way to see if the issue is the same? You will need to reboot the modem after changing the connection.

Unfortunately if the issue persists I'd recommend scheduling another appointment with a technician. What the previous technician scheduled maintenance work for may not have been the only problem, or the technician could have been wrong about the root cause. Some issues take multiple appointments to resolve through a process of elimination, but there is always a solution to be found with persistence.

This discussion has been closed.