I cannot send emails bc Spectrum's IP address 162.144.6.112 in Provo Utah is on a RBL. Help?

Options
lrobstone621
lrobstone621 Posts: 1 Newcomer
edited September 2023 in Internet 2023 Archive

As of this morning I cannot send emails from my personal addresses because my ISP's IP address is on two major blacklists. How can I fix this?

Answers

• James_M
    James_M Posts: 4,711 ✅ Verified Employee Moderator
    Options

Hi & welcome!

According to who.is, the IP address 162.144.6.112 is not a Spectrum IP address.

Let us know if have additional questions.

Thanks!

• CitgoHughes
    CitgoHughes Posts: 1 Newcomer
    Options

I am having a similar issue sending an email from an Att account to Woh.rr.com account I am with the understanding my IP at work is on your blacklist ip 69.219.177.241. I have tried to contact SORBS to get it removed with no avail. I believe it is being blocked by Spectrum when I send from ATT to Spectrum. I am sure that it is a Spectrum problem. Please Help!!!!! I have just changed IP at work and can no longer send from my personal RR account. I have to go the the websight to send anything which is a pain. Would rather use my email software Thunderbird. I have checked online and no it is not Thunderbird it occurs with other email software also including microsoft.

Sending of the message failed.

An error occurred while sending mail: Outgoing server (SMTP) error. The server responded:  p-impout009.msg.pkvw.co.charter.net cmsmtp 69.219.177.241 blocked. Please see https://www.spectrum.net/support/internet/understanding-email-error-codes for more information. AUP#Out-1130.

• James_M
    James_M Posts: 4,711 ✅ Verified Employee Moderator
    Options

@CitgoHughes

Hi!

AUP#1130 is a error that occurs when sending violates the Acceptable Use Policy. Typically it means that the email is blocked. If you are able to send emails through Spectrum Webmail, then the issue lies with the email client you are using.

This discussion has been closed.