Why is WCCO missing?

klperry1
klperry1 Posts: 1 Newcomer
edited April 2023 in Watch TV 2023 Archive

WCCO is missing from my lineup - why? Will it return?

Answers

• Satch
    Satch Posts: 5,305 Contributor

Welcome to the Community, @klperry1!

Google Search shows that this is the CBS affiliate in Minnesota. Is the station gone completely, or another channel in its place? What message if anything do you get when you tune to it? Usually when these things happen it is one of the following:

1.) The vendor provider (Spectrum) no longer has a contract to carry the station. Fees asked for by the station may have been too high to renew a contract.

2.) Spectrum is working on a new contract to carry the station, but can not broadcast the network until they have a new have a new carriage agreement.

3.) The station's owner, Audacy Inc for WCCO sold to a new company so Spectrum has to get a new agreement from the new station owners.

4.) What is your zip code? A moderator might be able to plug that into the channel database, and determine what is happening with the station at this time. (January 13, 2023.)

Satch

• tpdeleeuw
    tpdeleeuw Posts: 1 Newcomer

I am having the same issue. I have had a very long aggravating chat with Kyla on the spectrum app, have gone into rochester to the spectrum store. they gave me a number to talk to video repair which is just the generic help line which weaves you through the madness of robots until you finally get to a human, and they have no explanation as to why this is happening. There was no warning of any kind, via TV, spectrum app, spectrum bill.

I even went to the KIMT station studio in rochester to see if they had requested CCO to be removed from the cable line up and their place was locked up like Ft Knox and they wouldn't answer their telecom at the door either.

• Snowflake_13
    Snowflake_13 Posts: 1 Newcomer

Same issue. Channel 4 is completely gone from the lineup.

• Satch
    Satch Posts: 5,305 Contributor

Guys,

Here is WCCO's Twitter page for CBS-Minnesota. You can contact them and see what they say:

Satch

This discussion has been closed.