Channel lineup mystery

Semsoom
Semsoom Posts: 7 Participant
edited April 2023 in Watch TV 2023 Archive

My channel lineup includes 5 (nwsntsd) and 79 (MTHD). I can receive 5 0n WiFi but not on my cable box. The opposite is true for 79. I get it on the cable box but not on WiFi. Why is that? Shouldn’t I get it both places? My area is 41017. Thanks.

Answers

• Renee_T
    Renee_T Posts: 649 ✅ Verified Employee Moderator

Hello @Semsoom

Welcome to our community! I'm sorry to hear about the confusion with the channels. I used your community registration information to locate the account and it does look like both stations should be available both through the Spectrum TV app/website and the cable box. Is this a recent issue where the stations are not appearing on both? Have you done any rebooting of any of the equipment yet?

• HT_Greenfield
    HT_Greenfield Posts: 666 Contributor

Check and see if NewsNation and MotorTrend can alternatively be found, there, both ways each, via HD channels 115 and 935, respectively.

• Satch
    Satch Posts: 5,273 Contributor

I agree with @Renee_T,

Reboot your equipment. This would include cable box(es), modem, and router. Allow up to 30 minutes for any updates to be downloaded,

In the instances where you can't get the programing, always make sure that your channel filters are set properly. When you tune to the missing channels, what happens? Do they not tune at all? Or just a blank screen? Whatever you are getting on one device, should be the same on all devices. Please report back after the equipment reboot and 30 minute wait, and what happens when you try to tune to the "missing" channels."

Also, what is your current CATV package level that you subscribe to from Spectrum?

Satch

• Semsoom
    edited January 2023

It’s not a rebooting issue as I’ve done this multiple times. Here are the details:

1. Cable box - both stations are listed - 79 and 935 work fine - 5 and 115 do not go directly to view the channel when selected - instead they show an info page - after clicking the blue “watch tv” icon on that page - screen goes blank with no sound. This is with the new HD receivers that were sent out for use starting 1/18/23. I don’t know what the situation was with the old receiver.
    2. WiFi: iPad and ROKU TV - 5 and 115 no issue - 79 and 935 are not in the channel list - list jumps from 78 to 80 and 934 to 936. It appears the Spectrum TV app is at fault. And yes, I have the most recent version of the app and operating systems on all devices. Spectrum app - 8.68 , iPad - 16.2. , ROKU - 11.5.0 build 4312-08. I have never gotten 79 or 935 listed in the app channel list regardless of the Spectrum app version or device used.
    3. Our services: Double W Standard Int includes - Standard TV & Standard Internet - HD set top box & remote - Variety Pass - HBO + HBO Max

• Satch
    Satch Posts: 5,273 Contributor

Good morning @Semsoom!

Your descriptions are great! Thank you!

Can you post a screenshot of the "Info Message" that you see on channels 5 and 115? when you tune to them on your cable box? What is the model number of your box please? Is it running the new Spectrum Guide? If you are not sure of the guide you are running, Google search, "What guide do I have?", Spectrum. Go to the Spectrum site listed in the results. At that site, enter your street address and you will see the cable guides for your area.

Satch

• Semsoom

I honestly don’t care about 5 and 115 on the cable box. I only mentioned it because it was missing. It’s motortrend on my iPad and Roku tv that I want. I can go into MySpectrum account and view my lineup and 79 and 935 are listed there. It’s the Spectrum TV app that won’t show the MTHD channels. I can’t tune into something that isn’t listed. Please address the Spectrum TV app. I gave you the version I’m using 8.68. There is no way to type a channel number in on the ROKU app or the iPad app. The channel must be selected from the list and they’re not there. Forget the cable box. This is clearly an app issue with Spectrum. Are there any spectrum techs that watch these chats? Thanks.

• Jaleesa_F
    Jaleesa_F Posts: 317 ✅ Verified Employee Moderator

Good morning @Semsoom

It is possible that your guide settings for the app may be affecting your ability to tune to those channels. When you open the guide, does it say All Channels at the top?

• Semsoom

Yes

• Jaleesa_F
    Jaleesa_F Posts: 317 ✅ Verified Employee Moderator

Thanks for checking, the app works in conjunction with your internet modem. Please sign out of the app, reboot the modem then sign back into the app. Let me know if this helps.

This discussion has been closed.