Why do ads cut into on-demand movie runtime?

jbs1987
jbs1987 Posts: 1 Newcomer

During multiple on-demand free movies in the Spectrum TV app, the ads seem to cut into parts of the movie. It's as if the ads are supposed to run for a certain length of time, but end up playing for too long. So when the movie resumes, I've missed 2-3 minutes of the plot, and if I try to "rewind", it just plays the same ads again and the movie still resumes late. And so far, this seems to only happen during the last ad break (there are usually 4 or 5 ad breaks during a movie and the first few don't have this problem). Any ideas? It really ruins the movie when you're close to the end and you miss a good chunk of the plot.

Answers

• William_M
    William_M Posts: 1,021 ✅ Verified Employee Moderator

Hi @jbs1987, welcome to our community!

Regardless of the runtime of the ads, the movie should resume at the same point the ad started playing. I recommend rebooting your internet modem and router, and reinstalling the Spectrum TV app, as that will resolve most issues. If the problem persists please test using a device plugged in with an ethernet cable, or as close to the router on WiFi as possible, to rule out connection issues.

This discussion has been closed.