SR-002-R remote vs. Arris 3600 box

CSwa
CSwa Posts: 2 Spectator
edited April 2023 in Watch TV 2023 Archive

Pause / Rewind / Fast forward functions do not work either on live TV or DVR.

Answers

• Satch
    Satch Posts: 5,305 Contributor
    edited February 2023

Welcome to the Forum @CSwa!

Follow the set-up instructions here to program your remote: to control your TV:

Here is a You Tube Video that will help pair the World Box remote to older boxes:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NsoG8OBhc2s

If this does not work, call Spectrum Customer care to let them know that after programing the remote, the DVR buttons on the remote don't work. Ask the Representative to please re-authorize your DVR..

Favor to ask- Can our great moderator team please come up with a the steps needed to pair a World Box remote with legacy DVR's such as the Cisco 9865 and the Arris 3600? That information seems to be the most frustrating to find. This is beause the newer remotes are designed to work with the World Boxes out of the box, and not the older legacy boxes that the majority of customers have. Thank you!

Satch

• HT_Greenfield
    HT_Greenfield Posts: 691 Contributor
    edited February 2023

Good call, Satch! Just for the record, holding Ⓜ️+2️⃣ or Ⓜ️+3️⃣ until the input LED blinks twice (~4 or 5 seconds after the initial immediate single blink) effects a reset to factory settings in which state the remote will work via IR with any and all compatible Arris/Motorola receivers along with any/all Spectrum 1xx/2xx Worldboxes rather than via RF with any single Worldbox that the remote may have previously been RF-paired with.

• Satch

Cool @HT_Greenfield ,

Which box models are for M+2 and which are for M+3? I have a Cisco 9865 DVR. If my Clickr Backlite remote (which I love!) ever craps out and I have to get a new World Box remote, I can store this command for other customers.

Also, let's say a customer has paired the World Box remote with a legacy box. Now, someday, they get a World Box. How would they go back to the default settings on that remote with a World Box? (Making it the default RF instead of IF frequency response.)

Satch

• HT_Greenfield

I think i’ve been on the wrong track, Satch, because none of this explains how or why any of the playback controls wouldn’t work while any or all of the other controls do and, remember, this is at least the third time this story has been told. The first time it was with the Arris DCX3600, then it was with the Spectrum 2xx Worldbox, and now it’s again with the Arris DCX3600. @cincychaz said he ultimately fixed the problem with his Worldbox by deleting all recordings and then rebooting

Maybe irrelevant to the problem at hand but, in answer to your question, it’s clear to me that the SR-series aka URC1160-series Spectrum Remotes only work with Spectrum Worldboxes via RF when paired and IR (infra-red) when not paired, and Arris/Motorola DCX’s (at least the ones Spectrum issues them for) via IR. I think what you’d do to get the right IR mode might actually depend on the specific model code of the remote e.g. Ⓜ️+2 for the SR-002-U versus Ⓜ️+3️⃣ for the SR-002-R. 

Also, to correct myself, Ⓜ️+2 IR mode is the one needed for the SR-002-U to work with the Arris/Motorola DCX’s and also happens to work with the Spectrum Worldboxes whereas Ⓜ️+3 doesn’t work with either, and none of this receiver control signaling modality involves or amounts to any kind of a factory reset.

• Satch
    edited February 2023

Is it also M+2 for the Cisco's? I have a Cisco DVR, not an Arris/Motorola. Thanks for the correction. Still a lot of concerns with these World Boxes. Short end. Hold on to your Clickr Backlite remotes as long as you can! And ask for a box with a clock!

Satch

PS. I am thinking the following below as well:

I think what you’d do to get the right IR mode might actually depend on the specific model code of the remote e.g. Ⓜ️+2 for the SR-002-U versus Ⓜ️+3️⃣ for the SR-002-R.

• HT_Greenfield

Right, Satch, but i think i thought, once upon a time, that the Spectrum Remote would only work with boxes running either Spectrum Guide or, as well, i-Guide. Not that that's necessarily the only prerequisite but i think i thought it was one of them so please take this with a grain of salt.

This discussion has been closed.