Discovery GO apps are locked out

RubberChicken
RubberChicken Posts: 5 Spectator
edited September 2023 in Watch TV 2023 Archive

I’ve been using the Discovery GO apps on my AppleTV for several years now. In the past when they would become locked I would just sign out and sign back in to make them work again. A few days ago on all 3 of my AppleTVs the apps became locked. The normal signin/sign out doesn’t work. Rebooting the AppleTV doesn’t help. Signing out of Spectrum as a tv provider doesn’t help. The frustrating part is other apps like History and ESPN work fine. The error says these channels are not a part of my subscription, which just went up again for the 6th time since using AppleTV for my tv service. What’s going on?

Answers

• Jaleesa_F
    Jaleesa_F Posts: 338 ✅ Verified Employee Moderator

Hello @RubberChicken,

Welcome to the community! I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing issues with the Discovery GO app, I am happy to assist. I'll need to ask some questions to try and get to the bottom of the issue. You mentioned that you've been using the app for years, have you made any recent Spectrum services changes? Once you've confirmed that Discovery is part of your package, can you try signing into the Discovery GO app on a device other than the AppleTVs to see if it works?

• RubberChicken

I just restarted the modem, my router and AppleTV. It still shows that these are not a part of my package. I also tried on the Science Channel app on my phone, both through wifi and cellular data. It gives the same error on my phone. It’s infuriating that the only change to my plan is that the monthly cost just went up $30 and is about $100 more than it was 2 years ago.

• Jaleesa_F
    Jaleesa_F Posts: 338 ✅ Verified Employee Moderator

Are you able to try the Discovery GO app on a device other than your Apple TVs?

• RubberChicken

Yes, I previously stated that I used my phone both on wifi and cellular and still get the error.

• HT_Greenfield
    HT_Greenfield Posts: 691 Contributor

With reference to recent Discovery GO apps updates, given how the How to Reauthenticate support article is currently inexplicably unavailable, i wouldn't be surprised if the fault is unequivocally with said apps and hopefully short-lived.

🔗https://gohelp.discovery.com/hc/en-us

🔗https://gohelp.discovery.com/hc/en-us/articles/4420293490327-Recent-Go-App-Update-

This discussion has been closed.