pop3/imap access isn't turned on for this account message for spectrum email

Options
luvmysting
luvmysting Posts: 1 Newcomer
edited September 2023 in Internet 2023 Archive

My email suddenly overnight is no longer accessible on my cell phone through mail app and is giving me the message "pop3/imap access isn't turned on for the account below. Check your email acount settings on the web, then try again. I tried logging onto my husbands email on his phone and same thing. I also tried checking from my laptop but it says "We couldnt access this account: Charter. You might need to update your password or give the account permission to sync this device. Given I don't log into my email each time, I stay logged on, I ruled out incorrect password, same for my husbands email. The fact that I can't access it from my laptop also rules out that it's an issue with our phones permissions. Any ideas?

Answers

• Jaleesa_F
    Jaleesa_F Posts: 346 ✅ Verified Employee Moderator
    Options

Hello @luvmysting,

Welcome to the Community! I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing email issues. I am happy to look into this for you, I'll need to ask some questions to try and get to the bottom of this. Have you tried logging into the Spectrum email server, webmail.spectrum.net? Are you able to log in and send/receive emails?

This discussion has been closed.