CBS is not working

opus
opus Posts: 47 Contributor
edited September 2023 in Watch TV 2023 Archive

Just black screen. In NYC. Only channel I see this on. All boxes. 2 Cisco 8642HDC, 3 Cisco 4742HDEC.

Answers

• HT_Greenfield
    HT_Greenfield Posts: 694 Contributor
    edited February 2023

Whichever channel, 2 or 1209, you're seeing that on, you might try the other just for kicks. You might also want to check with WCBS-TV in case their simulcast feed or maybe even their entire broadcast is out.

• Satch
    Satch Posts: 5,308 Contributor

This works for me on my Cisco 9865 DVR maybe once every five months if there is more than one channel showing a blank screen:

Slowly use the channel up key on your remote, allowing each station to turn in seven times. You must wait for each station to tune in for this to work.

Go back to your CBS channel after this above first step. Sometimes, the tuners in the boxes can become "confused" resulting in a blank screen. The above will often solve the issue, if it is a tuner situation.

If not, try again in a few hours. You could try rebooting as a final step, but if this is a signal or line problem, the issue will come back within hours to days. (Requiring a tech visit to check the signals on your CBS station, and if needed, update the drop line.)

OR

It could be maintenance in your area, where you will have to ride out the issue.

Satch

This discussion has been closed.