Before posting a new question, please check out our Internet / WiFi and Spectrum TV App troubleshooting pages for common issues, as well as useful information to include in your post.

Advanced Search Options

We have advanced search options to make it easier to locate posts, questions and answers on this community.
More information can be found at Advanced Search Options
If you are looking for something specific, please check if someone else has already asked or answered the same question.

Frequently Asked Questions

(Quick links to the current most searched topics)
How can I pause and rewind live TV using the Spectrum TV app?
Spectrum TV App Supported Devices

Placement of ad during on demand show

edbachtaedbachta Posts: 1 Newcomer
edited March 21 in Suggestions & Feedback Feb 28, 2023

Who decides the timeframe where ads get placed during an on demand episode? I was watching episode 2 of the current season of Snowfall through the Spectrum app on my Roku TV.. There are 7 ad spots throughout the episode. The fifth ad spot, around the 45 minute mark, was placed right in the middle of a key dialogue screen cutting the scene short. Then, after the ad spot plays it doesn’t go back to where the dialogue scene was interrupted. The next scene after the ad is a completely new scene in the episode. So, not only was a key scene interrupted right in the middle with an ad, but the rest of the scene was totally skipped over. This is extremely frustrating.

Replies

• James_MJames_M Posts: 3,953 ADMIN
    Feb 28, 2023

@edbachta - Hi & Welcome,

We provide the signal for the video feed and the authentication to your subscribed services. Programming decisions, including the content, quanity and placement of ads, are made by the individual networks.

We can forward your feedback, but also suggest that you reach out to the network directly.

Thanks for the question!

This discussion has been closed.