Before posting a new question, please check out our Internet / WiFi and Spectrum TV App troubleshooting pages for common issues, as well as useful information to include in your post.

Advanced Search Options

We have advanced search options to make it easier to locate posts, questions and answers on this community.
More information can be found at Advanced Search Options
If you are looking for something specific, please check if someone else has already asked or answered the same question.

Frequently Asked Questions

(Quick links to the current most searched topics)
How can I pause and rewind live TV using the Spectrum TV app?
Spectrum TV App Supported Devices

Why does my Security Shield show this icon in the app?

Replies

• SatchSatch Posts: 4,950 Contributor
    Mar 16, 2023

Hello @Patty_jones, Welcome to the Community!

This symbol means generally that your security shield is off, or a security issue needs attention. Click or tap on it, and follow the instructions to resolve the issue.

Satch.

• Patty_jonesPatty_jones Posts: 3 Spectator
    Mar 16, 2023

How do you do that? When I click into it I am able to see the device that’s causing it and see the same symbol, but when I click the device I can only see the security instances and am not seeing anything that would allow me to resolve it.

• SatchSatch Posts: 4,950 Contributor
    Mar 16, 2023

Hi Patty,

On what device are you running the Security Shield?

Can you post another screenshot of what you see after you click on the warning icon? I have a different security system for my PC's and actually don't run the Spectrum app. Post a second picture. and somebody who runs the app can suggest next steps.

Satch

• Patty_jonesPatty_jones Posts: 3 Spectator
    Mar 17, 2023

Here are some images of what I’m talking about. There’s no action to take from what I can tell. When I go into each instance it just gives me the info.

• HT_GreenfieldHT_Greenfield Posts: 286 Contributor
    Mar 18, 2023

The ⚠️ symbol seems to go along with browsing traffic that has not been blocked but maybe considered to be a possible threat rather than a probable one, possibly including websites without much if any established reputation at all. (I guess that might be the case with Apple’s iCloud Private Relay servers which only come into play with Safari browsing and then only if you have iCloud Private Relay enabled on the device and which involves the word iCloud, i guess, because it’s only available to iCloud+ subscribers.)