Why can't I record Sail GP?

FloridaMatt
FloridaMatt Posts: 6 Spectator

I can find Sail GP both by search and in the Guide. But when I select it, all it shows is "episodes" with no option to add it to my watchlist.

What do I need to do to record this weekend's shows?

Answers

• Renee_T
    Renee_T Posts: 673 ✅ Verified Employee Moderator

Hello @FloridaMatt

Have you tried setting the recording through our Spectrum TV app or website yet?

• FloridaMatt

I've tried both the app and the website. I can only record it on my TiVo.

I'm trying out the app in anticipation of the day cablecards go away. Not going well.

• Jaleesa_F
    Jaleesa_F Posts: 343 ✅ Verified Employee Moderator

If you select one of the episodes, do you get the option to record? Is there an error message?

• FloridaMatt

no, no error. Just no option to add to the watchlist.

• FloridaMatt

So, after an hour long chat with Spectrum, the answer is:

" after thorough research we have discovered that the watchlist option will show on some shows but will not show on others, this is like this on everyone's app, at this time we do not have a resolution for this but we have made out Spectrum TV app team aware of this and we will be working on getting this fixed and the watchlist option added to all channels! Thank you very much for bringing this to our attention so we can get this added to the platform!"

• HT_Greenfield
    HT_Greenfield Posts: 691 Contributor

Watchlisting just saves a bookmark to a program listing which, regardless of how you get to it, is where you’ll find the record option if you have a Spectrum set-top DVR receiver or Cloud DVR service, either of which involves a DVR subscription premium per se, so even if Spectrum could support customer-owned DVR’s via the app, they wouldn’t do it for free. 

The availability of the Watchlist option has long been a crap-shoot. It seems like i can only find it on programs that are rather non-contemporary or in syndication and not even always then. It seems to be listing-coded and platform-irrelevant

• Satch
    Satch Posts: 5,305 Contributor

Hello,

For reference to this discussion, does this issue pertain only to Watchlist on the Spectrum App? Or also to Watchlist on Spectrum Guide?

Satch

• HT_Greenfield
    HT_Greenfield Posts: 691 Contributor
    edited March 2023

Excellent call, Satch‼️ I am finding the ADD TO WATCHLIST option with at least a lot more serieses, contemporary and otherwise, including SailGP Racing on CBS Sports Network, via Spectrum Guide on the Worldbox than via the Spectrum TV app and web portal and it's good to hear from FloridaMatt that Spectrum is aware of that and working on it and i know you know but, for other folks, again, the Watchlist has nothing to do with DVR functionality.

This discussion has been closed.