Why can’t I delete scheduled recording no longer shown?

Options
Fergy
Fergy Posts: 3 Spectator
edited September 2023 in Watch TV 2023 Archive

Answers

• Lyn_T
    Lyn_T Posts: 393 ✅ Verified Employee Moderator
    Options

Good evening @Fergy and Welcome to our Community Forums.

Thank you for reaching out to us in records to the DVR option. We can help with your questions. Are you noticing the concern on the Cloud DVR or the DVR box? Also, are you trying to delete a series that are no longer shown? What is happening when you try to delete them? Are you receiving an error message?

-Lyn

• HT_Greenfield
    HT_Greenfield Posts: 698 Contributor
    Options

If your future recordings list is date-paginated like it is with i-Guide, you should be able to page forth and back through the days ahead with the ▶️ & ◀️ nav buttons and hopefully be able to find what you're looking for.

• Fergy
    Options

There are no recorded shows such as the series Old Men but I can’t get rid for the name in my scheduled series list. Same thing will happen with Blacklist as this is the last season. I have several “scheduled” recording that no are shown but I can’t get rid of them in my scheduled list.

• Steph_S
    Steph_S Posts: 515 Spectrum Employee
    Options

Have you tried logging into https://watch.spectrum.net/ to see if you can see the series here?

• Fergy
    Options

That works if scheduled through a non-direct box such as iPad or iPhone but can’t delete from a TV with a dvr box.

• Satch
    Satch Posts: 5,314 Contributor
    Options

Hi Fergy,

If you have a DVR box and are runnung Spectrum Guide (Spectrum's newest guide) there was a bug where if at least one instance of a future episode was not in the database, the name of the series would not delete. You could delete as many episodes as you wanted. But the name of the series would remain "stuck" in "My Library."

By default, there is an update peramiter in the ODN/Spectrum Guide system to automatically delete any series from the list if the producers have not renewed that series for one year. Having the name of the series with no more episodes to record, will not take up any DVR space, or anything like that. It won't affect your services in anyway other than just be a name in the list that just sits there.

I do not have Cloud DVR, so I can not comment if that same behavior applies to that different service.

Satch

This discussion has been closed.