sender rejected. AUP#In-1160

Options
avfadagio
avfadagio Posts: 5 Spectator
edited September 2023 in Internet 2023 Archive

I am using automatic forwarding from outlook to my charter email. Any emails sent to my domain xxx@yyyyy.com are forwarded to my email zzz@wi.rr.com. It usual works. But for some senders I get this message. "p-impin025.msg.pkvw.co.charter.net gave this error:

<xxx@yyyy.com> sender rejected. Please see https://www.spectrum.net/support/internet/understanding-email-error-codes for more information. AUP#In-1160"

The email is in my outlook, but just gets rejected when it tried to forward. I understand the domains are not the same, but it usually works. Just not for some senders.

Any thoughts?

Answers

• Lyn_T
    Lyn_T Posts: 411 ✅ Verified Employee Moderator
    Options

Good evening @avfadagio and Welcome to our Community Forums.

Thank you for reaching out to us in regards to the error message you are receiving. The message is generally because the email in question goes against the domain's security practices. Have you contacted them in regards to this? It could be a number of things that could prompt this error message. -Lyn

• avfadagio
    Options

I guess that's why I am discussing it here, because Spectrum (charter?) is rejecting it. I use Godaddy for my website. They recently changed to outlook for their email. I have a domain. Let's call it yyyy.com. When someone sends email to xxx@yyyy.com, I have Godaddy set up to forward those emails to my Godaddy outlook account which is email@zzzz.com. I receive those emails in outlook. I also then have outlook set up to forward all emails it receives to ccc@wi.rr.com, which is the email I usually monitor. So, the result is when someone sends email to xxx@yyyy.com, I end up getting it sent to ccc@wi.rr.com. This works in most cases. But for some senders (only some), I see it in my outlook, but when outlook tries to forward it to ccc@wi.rr.com, it gets rejected. But only for some. Just wondering what is different about those senders that Spectrum rejects it. They still should all come from outlook.

Thanks.

• Jaleesa_F
    Jaleesa_F Posts: 379 ✅ Verified Employee Moderator
    Options

Are you able to log directly into your xxx@yyyy.com email server directly and try forwarding the email to your Charter email rather than using Outlook? This is just to test to see if the email will send, can you give that a try?

• avfadagio
    Options

There is no xxx@yyyy.com email server. Only the yyyy.com domain exists. That's why I have Godaddy forward that to my outlook.

• Jaleesa_F
    Jaleesa_F Posts: 379 ✅ Verified Employee Moderator
    Options

Is it possible to forward email directly to the Spectrum account rather than to Outlook?

• HT_Greenfield
    HT_Greenfield Posts: 735 Contributor
    Options

Email error code 1160 = “The email you tried to send goes against your domain’s security policies. Please contact the email administrators of your domain.” Probably by virtue of Go Daddy’s own DMARC validation criteria.

Add your Go Daddy email address to the safe senders list in your Spectrum email account via its web portal and see what happens. Otherwise i think even Go Daddy is going to tell you that the problem lies with the domains that the garbage is originating from.

• avfadagio
    Options

I'll try that. Thanks.

• HT_Greenfield
    HT_Greenfield Posts: 735 Contributor
    Options

Correction: that can happen by virtue of how the originating domains are using SPF and/or DKIM and/or DMARC. In any case, as you may have by now surmised, it’s probably the origination email addresses or domains (your choice) of the subject messages that you’d want to add to your Spectrum email account safe senders list if you want them to forward in unscathed from Microsoft 365 or whatever you’re using for your Go Daddy email address. My bad.

• avfadagio
    Options

I added some safe sender stuff. We'll see if that helps. It doesn't happen all the time, so I'll have to wait for verification of the change.

Thanks to all who responded!

This discussion has been closed.