Computer won't discover wireless printers on Spectrum Wi-Fi

Stephen0118
Stephen0118 Posts: 3 Spectator
edited September 2023 in Internet 2023 Archive

I have a Brother wireless printer and Dymo Wireless label writer. I set up my Brother using the printer control panel to my Spectrum Wi-Fi and it recognizes it. However, when I try to set it up in my Windows 11 machine, it's not discovering the printer. The same thing with my Dymo Wireless labelwriter.

My NordVPN is not connected and I turned off my Vipre Security. Any other suggestions?

Thanks.

Comments

• Jaleesa_F
    Jaleesa_F Posts: 346 ✅ Verified Employee Moderator

Hello @Stephen0118

Welcome to the Spectrum Community! We're sorry to hear that you're experiencing connectivity issues with your printers. I am happy to look into this for you. Are you experiencing issues with any other devices? Has your Brother printer ever worked on your Spectrum connection?

• Stephen0118
    edited April 2023

Hi, @Jaleesa_F .

Sorry it took so long to respond. I had trouble getting back to this forum.

Thank you for responding. The printer itself recognizes the Wi-fi and so does the computer. I was able to get the computer to recognize the printer once, but once I turned off my computer and got on again the next day, I can never get the computer to recognize the printer again. I was forced to use a USB cable.

I think my next step would be to get rid of the Spectrum Wi-Fi router that I got and buy my own unless you have another solution.

• Randy_S
    Randy_S Posts: 514 Spectrum Employee

Hey @Stephen0118 !

While a third party router won't have all our advance in home wifi features, that is a good option if you would like more control over your broadcast bands. Our system is very picky about modems accessing it but if you are only replacing the wifi router to work with our modem, you should be good to go with any wifi router of your choosing. There are some really nice ones out there.

If you do go that route and find the dream router of your lifetime (my wish for you lol) once you get it set up to your liking, make sure to contact us to take the wifi service off your account (don't leave ours plugged in as it would "compete" with the new router. You or an authorized user on your account can then return our router at your convenience.

Glad you are here!

Randy

• Stephen0118

Hey @Randy_S Thanks. I'm hoping that's all it is (router issue) because, truth be told, I had AT&T U-Verse before switching and I had no issues at all.

This discussion has been closed.