DVR won't Record

Korona165
Korona165 Posts: 86 Contributor
edited April 2023 in Watch TV 2023 Archive

The overheating issue I had on one of my Word Box is fixed. But I am having another issue on my other TV that happeneds to have a Word Box to. No overheating with this one no Temperature Warnings so it's not because it's to hot. When I go to bed say 12:30 the box is working fine I turn everything off for the night. I have the box to record a show at 2:00PM. I do not turn on the box until 3:00PM so the box has been from 12:30AM to 3:00PM. When I turn the box on I see that it did not record the show at 2:00PM. When I turn the box it seems to be asleep and no power until I turn it on(but it is powed on). Then on the TV I get a message saying waking up from Energy Mode but I have Energy Mode turned off in settings. The rest of the day it works fine after first power on from being off so long.

Answers

• Jaleesa_F
    Jaleesa_F Posts: 339 ✅ Verified Employee Moderator

Hello @Korona165,

Have you tried rebooting the DVR?

• Korona165
    Korona165 Posts: 86 Contributor

I love the Spectrum Guide and System but the World Box's suck. That or customers return broken equipment and Spectrum just puts them in the back and when a customer wants equipment Spectrum just gose in the back and gets the equipment forgetting why it was returned. Spectrum needs/needed to update there equipment but they did it wrong with the word Box's. If you don't want a Word Box you get a box thats old with two tuners. Now I know why so many cord cutters for the price Spectrum charges and then they give us junk equipment.

• Satch
    Satch Posts: 5,305 Contributor

@Korona165,

A tech told me that when a box gets returned by a customer it goes through some 10 minute performance test, It might be a little longer, but not much. If the box passes that test, they clear all the shows off the hard drive if it's a DVR, and than it goes right back into use.

If your box is really problematic, you can take a piece of paper and write on the paper the problem with the box. i,e. "Won't boot" or "hard drive failure." Tape that piece of paper to the top of the box. Than, Spectrum won't put it back in testing. All cable vendors do this. The worst thing Spectrum ever did was stop making those awesome six-tuner boxes!

Satch