I am having issues with my SR-OO2-U remote operating my DVR of my Arris DVR Box?

MarkBWI
MarkBWI Posts: 1 Newcomer
edited September 2023 in Watch TV 2023 Archive

Currently I have the large grey remote to operate the DVR on an Arris box. I am trying to get the smaller and simpler SR-002-U remote to run the DVR. It just won't work. It connect to the TV, my Sonos System, volume, etc. I just can't get it to program the DVR. I have seen the ideas of using the Menu & 2 option, but it doesn't seem to work. Any thoughts? Thanks

Best Answer

• Lyn_T
    Lyn_T Posts: 341 ✅ Verified Employee Moderator
    Answer ✓

Good evening @MarkBWI and Welcome to our Community Forums

I am not sure what programming options you have tried but I found the following option for scanning the remote.

Program your remote using Auto-Search:

1. Turn on the TV you want to program.
    2. Press and hold the Menu + OK buttons simultaneously until the Input button blinks twice.
    3. Press TV Power. The Input button should light up solid.
    4. Aim the remote at your TV and press and hold the UP arrow.
    5. Once the device turns off, release the UP arrow. Your remote should store the code.

You would substitute Cbl/DVR button instead of the TV button to program the box. You may also want to check the batteries for the remote and reset the box. This can be done by unplugging the box from the cable line and the power line for a solid 3-5 minutes. If this does not help we can swap out the remote for you at any of our office locations or we can have one mailed out to you. -Lyn

Answers

• Satch
    Satch Posts: 5,273 Contributor

Good evening @MarkBWI

To pair that World Box Remote SR-002 U designed for boxes with a clock you need to do the following:

1.) Hold down the Menu button and press the #2 key, waiting for the Input button to blink. (Takes about 5 seconds.) (M+2)

2.) Press any DVR function key. to test

3.) If that doesn't work, hold down the Menu button and press the #3 key, waiting for the Input button to blink. (Takes about 5 seconds.) (M+3)

4.) Press any DVR key to test.

5.) If that doesn't work, reboot your box.

6.) If that doesn't work Call Spectrum.

Please tell us the M+Code comibination that you used to get this to work.

I am not sure but I think that M+2 controls legacy Arris/Motorola boxes, where M+3 controls Cisco/Technicolor boxes.

This issue has come up before, and it has frustrated some users. If you hate the new remote, (and as long as you don't have a no-clock World Box) you can go to a Spectrum Store, and try to get a CLickr Backlite remote. If you have a no-clock World Box, you have to use the SR-002 or SR-003 remotes, because those remotes are specifically designed for no clock Word Boxes.

Satch

• Satch
    Satch Posts: 5,273 Contributor

A noted distinction:

@Lyn_T 's instructions are for pairing the new World Box Remote to work with your brand of TV through the Auto Search (Quick Scan) method This is for turning your TV on and off and controlling volume.

My instructions are for how to get a legacy cable box DVR to work with the new World Box Remote. The reason why my instructions are needed is because the World Box remotes use Radio Frequency (RF Technology.) When paired with the new World Box (no clock), they don't need to be pointed at the device, and can work directly with Smart TV integration.

The tons of legacy boxes like Arris, Pace, Cisco, Motorolas can't do RF technology. Therefore, the new remotes paired with these older boxes, have to be programed for IR (Infrared Technology,) These remotes have to be pointed at the devices that you want them to control, The M+2 or M+3 program process described above, makes the new World Box remotes, behave like the legacy IR remotes.

Satch

• HT_Greenfield
    HT_Greenfield Posts: 666 Contributor

Simultaneously pressing and holding the menu and 2 buttons for at least a few seconds until the input LED blinks twice (that’s after it initially blinks once or twice when the buttons make contact) puts the SR-002-U as well as the SR-002-R in the infrared mode that at least works with Arris/Motorola DCX boxes (e.g. DCX3520 as well as DCX3220) running i-Guide as well as “worldboxes” e.g. Spectrum 110 and Spectrum 210 boxes running Spectrum Guide. So if it’s not a DCX or if it’s not running either Spectrum Guide or i-Guide, all bets may be off.

🔗https://www.spectrum.net/support/tv/which-guide-do-i-have

This discussion has been closed.