Spectrum News app suddenly not working?

Options
Clare538
Clare538 Posts: 5 Spectator

For the last 3 days, the spectrum news app won't work on one of my tv's. It would just be loading forever with no end. I checked to make sure the software on my tv was up to date, (it was), then I removed the app and reloaded it. Now when I try to open it, it asks for my zip code. When I do that, it says that my zip code is not valid. Why is this happening?

Best Answer

• James_M
    James_M Posts: 4,729 ✅ Verified Employee Moderator
    Answer ✓
    Options

Thanks. Next, can you try restarting the Roku from the settings menu and then try launching the app again?

Answers

• James_M
    Options

Hi & welcome!

What device are you using (what type of TV)?

• Clare538
    Options

It's a Sony. I have checked all of my other apps and no issues. Also, this was working up until 5 days ago.

• James_M
    Options

Thanks. Currently, I am showing that the Spectrum News app is only available on Apple TV and Roku. Are you able to access the app on different device, such as a smartphone or tablet.

As well, have you made any recent changes to the account (ie. dropping TV service)?

• Clare538
    Options

Sorry! I forgot to mention that I DO have a roku stick which is how I was able to get the app.

• James_M
    Options

Thanks. The app authenticates through the modem. Can you try restarting the modem and then try launching the app again. Let us know if restarting the modem solve the issue.

• Clare538
    Options

Hi James. I restarted my modem, and it did not work. It is still telling me that my zip code is invalid.

• Clare538
    Options

Thanks James! It works now. You've got tremendous patience and I appreciate the help!

• James_M
    Options

Glad to hear it and happy to help! I knew we’d get there.

Let us know anytime we can assist.

This discussion has been closed.