DVR boxes with more than 2 tuners?

Options
jwt0001
jwt0001 Posts: 4 Spectator
edited July 2023 in TV Equipment

Is it possible to get a DVR that records more than 2 shows at a time? It seems antiquated in these days of many shows that we are limited to this.

Answers

• Satch
    Satch Posts: 5,320 Contributor
    Options

Hey @jwt0001 Welcome!

You can try to get the Spectrum World Box. It is distinguished by having no clock on the front panel and is a 4-tuner box. That's the newest hardware. Not all areas carry it though. A small number of markets, Florida is one, still have legacy six tuner DVR's, but they are becoming very rare.

Satch

• catchtwentytwo
    catchtwentytwo Posts: 144 Contributor
    Options

@jwt0001

There have been reports that supply chain problems may have caused a shortage of the World Box STB. Plus they might be going to areas that have the New Spectrum Guide.. As a short-term solution, many programs have a second airing available around midnight after the prime time airing. If you can find one that airs when no one is using the STB, that would free up one of the two tuners used for "live" TV viewing.

• Satch
    Options

Yes. Good point @catchtwentytwo ,

You can also use On Demand to catch up on missed shows, typically a day after airing.

Satch

• jwt0001
    jwt0001 Posts: 4 Spectator
    Options

I checked with the local store and was able to get a 4 tuner model. It is an Arris DCX-3600-M. It actually has a clock on the front, but I assume it is the same one mentioned above. The only problem now is trying to get my Harmony remote to work with it! It is in their system, but it doesn’t want to work.

Thanks all!

• Satch
    Options

Everyone,

For best results, use the remote(s) that come paired with your Spectrum equipment.

Satch

This discussion has been closed.