Lost neo.rr.com Email Address

Options
Hdubya
Hdubya Posts: 6 Spectator
edited September 2023 in Internet 2023 Archive

I had my neo.rr.com email address for at least 15 years. Last night, it was discontinued and I was issued a new twc.com email address. I was not notified that my email address would be changing and I'm locked out of access my neo.rr.com email address. I only found out that I'd been issued a twc.com email address when I contacted support who told me my account is associated with a twc.com email address now. Did anyone else experience anything like this?

Tagged:

Answers

• James_M
    James_M Posts: 4,729 ✅ Verified Employee Moderator
    Options

Hi & welcome!

When was the last time you were able to access the @neo.rr.com email?

• Hdubya
    Options

Last night.

• James_M
    James_M Posts: 4,729 ✅ Verified Employee Moderator
    Options

Thanks. Are you able to manage your email when you go to selfcare.rr.com? Are you able to access email from the webmail portal?

• Hdubya
    Options

No, from neither. I get an error saying -

"The info you entered doesn't match our records. Please try again."

I tried following the link to reset the password then it says the MAC id doesn't match what's on file but when I talked to a service rep in the chat box they confirmed the MAD id I was entering is what's on file for my account.

When I tried to test sending a message to my neo.rr.com email I get the following error -

"The email address you entered couldn't be found. "

It's like my old address has been deleted.

• Jaleesa_F
    Jaleesa_F Posts: 371 ✅ Verified Employee Moderator
    Options

If you log into the email with the new email address are you able to the see old emails there?

• Hdubya
    Options

Nope, everything is gone.

• Jaleesa_F
    Options

Did you access your email via Webmail? Or were you using a mail client such as Outlook?

• Hdubya
    Options

I was syncing in Outlook, accessing it via my phone and occasionally logging into Webmail. All had worked fine until last night.

• Jaleesa_F
    Options

Are you getting an error in Outlook when trying to send/receive mail with the rr.com address?

• Hdubya
    Options

User name or password incorrect.

• Jaleesa_F
    Options

Thank you for answering those questions, I did try on my end and got the same error. We did sunset the rr.com emails some time ago and we did notify customers of the coming change. I am not sure why your rr.com email remained active all of this time but it should have been disabled a while back. I certainly understand the inconvenience that this is causing, my apologies for the poor experience. You would need to start using the TWC.com email address that is associated with your account.

This discussion has been closed.