Can not load some websites randomly and getting activation pop up

Options
brandonchen0920
brandonchen0920 Posts: 3 Spectator
edited September 2023 in Internet 2023 Archive

My roomate moved out, so I have to open a new account under my name with Spectrum(previously spectrum also). I have been having issues with websites loading and getting activation pop up since installation. Tried trouble shooting with CSR multiple times and 4 tech visits so far. Internet might works well for a few minutes or hours but still getting issues throughout the day. For PC and laptops, I can load some websites but can not load the others for few minutes or hours, later on it is the other way around. For phone/Ipad, can not stream video for few munities or hours. Not sure if the new fiber modem does not work well with my building or it is something else, because we never had issue previously with Spectrum.

Answers

• James_M
    James_M Posts: 4,767 ✅ Verified Employee Moderator
    Options

Hi & welcome!

I was able to locate your account using your residtration information and the mode is online and the signals appear strong. How are you connecting (wired or wireless) and are you having the same issue with multiple devices?

• brandonchen0920
    Options

Yes same issue with Laptops and desktop. For tablet and phone, we have video not playing for a few minutes or longer. The Tech who visited on Sunday told me that I might need to replace my router or modem or both if problems persists.

• James_M
    James_M Posts: 4,767 ✅ Verified Employee Moderator
    Options

Sound like you may need new equipment. Equipment can be swappped at your local Spectrum store by the account owner or an authorized user.

• brandonchen0920
    Options

Unfortunately the local spectrum store do not carry any fiber modems. They only have the universal. I had to call tech for installation.

This discussion has been closed.