No "Service Outage" / "Service Restored" alert e-mails anymore?

Options
ByteBlunder
ByteBlunder Posts: 1 Newcomer
edited September 2023 in Internet 2023 Archive

There was an outage in my area that started around 2:30 AM 7/25/2023, it lasted about 2 hours, and since the connection came back, it has been intermittent, and will go down for 5-10 minutes periodically, then come back. I have Spectrum Business with a cable modem + router, and Spectrum Residential for TV, with a cable box/DVR which is connected directly to the cable line, and the outage affects both, indicated a problem downstream (most likely).

If I call Spectrum Support all they do is send a reset signal to the cable modem & router, then say it's responding normally.

Spectrum has been sending "Service Outage" + "Service Restored" e-mails to me since 2021. This time, I received no such messages. Has sending these alerts stopped? Nothing has changed in my Spectrum account settings.

How can I get a higher tier to look at this issue?

Tagged:

Answers

• James_M
    James_M Posts: 4,743 ✅ Verified Employee Moderator
    Options

Hi & Welcome -

I was able to locate your account information using your registration data. I can see that there was a brief interrruption with your internet earlier today however I am not seeing an area wide issue that would cause an outage notification. As side note, I do not have access to all the same diagnostic tools as business support agents, so there may have been an issue that I am not seeing.

Unfortunately, we have limited ability to support business accounts on this Community. If restarting the modem again does not resolve the issue, I would suggest contacting business support again for further troubleshooting and investigation. They would also be better able to speak to any changes to the outage notification emails.

Thanks!

This discussion has been closed.