AFE-1004

Options
Hackj1
Hackj1 Posts: 4 Spectator

So I have been on with Spectrum and have been through hard resets for all equipment, Updated software, both Spectrum removal and reinstall, Apple TV 16.6 and changed DNS server twice. Checked incoming signal with installer. So I get the blue screen of death with AFE-1004 on it intermittently but the iPad and iPhone are rock solid. This only happens on Spectrum app. All other aps and internet are great. Also this occurs on both ethernet and wi-fi as I have done both. Need some help here Thanks!!!

Comments

• James_M
    James_M Posts: 4,718 ✅ Verified Employee Moderator
    Options

Hi & welcome!

AFE-1004 is an internet connectivity error. Sounds like you have already gone through the typical troubleshooting, and since the iPad and iPhone are not having an issue, that most likely leads to an issue with the Apple TV itself. Can you try connecting the Apple TV at a different location (maybe a friend or family member) to try and replicate the issue? If it works at a different location, then try swapping the modem / router. If the same issue occurs at a different location, then I would suggest contacting Apple for further support with the device.

Thanks!

• Hackj1
    Hackj1 Posts: 4 Spectator
    Options

Thought I would try the forum first as the modem/router replacement is next on the list.

• James_M
    James_M Posts: 4,718 ✅ Verified Employee Moderator
    Options

Sounds good, let us know how it goes !

This discussion has been closed.