Any updates or ETA on outage that started 7/28/23?

Options
trzejos
trzejos Posts: 1 Newcomer
edited January 10 in Internet 2023 Archive

On Friday night, there was a severe thunderstorm that caused an outage in my area (Germantown, WI). It's now Sunday, well after 24 hours since the initial incident, and services still haven't been restored. Checking with support via phone or online chat results in the same automated message that there is an outage and spectrum is working quickly to fix the issue with no other details or context. I work online from home, so internet connectivity is important for me. I'd like to know when I can expect services restored by so I know if I need to make arrangements for work. Does anyone have any updates for me?

Answers

• Lyn_T
    Lyn_T Posts: 411 ✅ Verified Employee Moderator
    Options

Good evening @trzejos And Welcome to our Community Forums.

Thank you for reaching out to us in regards to a concern in your area. I am very sorry for any inconvenience this must have caused you. I am seeing that this has been cleared in the area. If you are still unable to connect you may need to reset your equipment. Please let us know if you need any further assistance. -Lyn

• SaintMom
    SaintMom Posts: 1 Newcomer
    Options

There appears to be an outage in my area (14892) and I have the same issue. The last update was 6 hours ago, so I have no idea what's up. You can only reset your internet so many times before it gets annoying! Do we get a notification when it's restored?

• James_M
    James_M Posts: 4,767 ✅ Verified Employee Moderator
    Options

I am not seeing any issues currenly impacting your area / zip code. If you are still seeing an issue, please let us know.

This discussion has been closed.