Live feed and on demand question

Options
MaynardH
MaynardH Posts: 5 Spectator
edited January 19 in Watch TV 2023 Archive

I wanted to watch the live feed of several channels,for example,Me Tv, and when I choose the live channel feed,it sends me to the on demand section of the program, instead of the live feed.How can I fix this?

Answers

• Satch
    Satch Posts: 5,330 Contributor
    Options

Welcome!

How do you receive Spectrum Services? Through a cable box or DVR, or mobile device? I don't think that METV even has an On Demand Channel.

Satch

• MaynardH
    Options

I have Roku.Anyway, when I went to watch a program that is supposed to be on a live feed, because I was scrolling the tv guide,it gets to the particular series page and has the dates for episodes and some say on now,and I choose it,and it won't play,so I go to other live channels.I figure I can watch on demand whenever.

• Jaleesa_F
    Jaleesa_F Posts: 379 ✅ Verified Employee Moderator
    Options

@MaynardH,

Are you having this issue with the app in other devices as well? Is this happening with channels other than MeTV?

• Satch
    Satch Posts: 5,330 Contributor
    Options

Hello,

In reply to the OP, I am having the same issue with METV listings and only with METV listings. I am running the ODN guide on a Cisco 9865 DVR. (It was rebooted maybe a day or so ago on an unrelated issue.) The unrelated issue was an Emergency Alert System (EAS message) that would not leave the screen.)

Anyway, when I press Search on any METV programs in the Time Grid Cell, I get results for all other scheduled shows of that episode. (On Demand, other channels) but I am not seeing METV results. What used to happen for years and years is that if you took any action on a show in the Time Grid to search, it would only show the listings related to that channel.

It sounds like Neilson-Gracenote, the company that does the listings for Spectrum TV, (and other vendors as well) released an update to the listings database and somehow, it compromised METV's listing data.

Satch

• MaynardH
    Options

MeTv isn't the only channel doing that.I can't get some of the OTA broadcast channels no matter what I do,and I think for what they are charging,I am going to cancel.23.00 for local channels.No thank you

• William_M
    William_M Posts: 1,117 ✅ Verified Employee Moderator
    Options

@MaynardH, are you unable to go to those channels just by scrolling to them with the Live TV mini guide?

• MaynardH
    Options

I can get to those pages,but I am on the page with the show listings/times, and I click on where it says "on now"to play the episode, and it just doesn't play.Its pretty annoying and the support people were no help.

• HT_Greenfield
    HT_Greenfield Posts: 736 Contributor
    edited August 2023
    Options

Hey if you're still not able to live-watch any of your at-home-only channels, log on to your account at spectrum.net and see if you have any red-banner maintenance alerts that may be relevant. Otherwise give the treatment to the whole megillah as in sign out of the app, uninstall it, reboot the cable modem & wireless router & Roku, reinstall the app, sign back in and see what happens.

• MaynardH
    Options

I will do that.Thanks

This discussion has been closed.