Guide defect when switching from All Channels to Favorites

Options
TroyAllen
TroyAllen Posts: 3 Spectator

I'm using Spectrum TV App Version 12.0.0 Build 4184 on Roku Ultra 4802R.

Once login to the App completes successfully, the Guide initially displays All Channels by default as expected. If I scroll down to channel 20, it correctly indicates ME TV (DFW area), which is identical to the cable box guide.

However, if I select Favorites in the App, the Guide shows Spectrum 1 News for channel 20 and ME TV is no longer listed anywhere in the Guide. This does not happen in the cable box guide.

Is anyone else experiencing this defect?

Also, is this forum viewed by folks who can open a defect ticket? Or is there another mechanism to report Spectrum TV App defects?

Comments

• William_M
    William_M Posts: 1,097 ✅ Verified Employee Moderator
    Options

Hi @TroyAllen, welcome to our community. We do have employee moderators here who can open tickets for certain issues when necessary, but there are some things we need to try first.

Will you please remove MeTV from favorites (And Spectrum News if it is) and re-add it? If the issue persists try checking for Roku software updates and reinstall the app. If you have another device that can use the Spectrum TV app, or a computer to go to watch.spectrum.net, it would be helpful to know if they have the same issue.

• TroyAllen
    edited August 2023
    Options

Thanks for your response.

FYI, already have MeTV (channel 20) set as favorite at https://watch.spectrum.net/guide and never experienced the channel switch defect there.

I unfavorited and re-favorited MeTV a few days ago but it didn't fix the problem. However, I did it again today and it seems to have worked. I'm going to recheck in 24 hrs after Roku auto powers off overnight (or goes to standby, not sure which is right) to see if the fix is still working.

If the problem occurs again I will uninstall and reinstall the app on Roku and update this thread with the outcome.

• TroyAllen
    Options

FINAL UPDATE: Happy to report that deselecting and reselecting MeTV as favorite in Spectrum TV App is holding when switching the Guide between All Channels and Favorites. Did not need to uninstall and reinstall App. Again, appreciate your assistance. 👍️

• William_M
    William_M Posts: 1,097 ✅ Verified Employee Moderator
    Options

That's wonderful @TroyAllen! Thanks for taking the time to update us.

This discussion has been closed.