Will the TV guide that was removed during the July 27, 2023 update be restored?

Options
DK8RIL
DK8RIL Posts: 2 Spectator

Since the July 27, 2023 update, the tv guide icon (3 dots / 3 lines) has been missing. This makes it difficult to review upcoming shows in a timely manner. Can this be reinstated? Is there a way to uninstall the update on my devices?


Best Answers

  • William_M
    William_M Posts: 1,083 ✅ Verified Employee Moderator
    Answer ✓
    Options

    Hi @DK8RIL, welcome to our community!

    I haven't received any information about plans to re-add that but I can definitely forward your feedback. Unfortunately it is not possible to install older versions of the app.

  • James_M
    James_M Posts: 4,706 ✅ Verified Employee Moderator
    Answer ✓
    Options

    The app was updated on 9/6/23 on Android and Apple platforms to include styling and visibility updates. You can now press and hold in a guide cell to view the show description, recording options and more.

    Please download the latest app version to enjoy the updated features! 

Answers

  • Jekyl
    Jekyl Posts: 3 Spectator
    Options

    Same issue for me. How can you have a tv app that doesn't even list the programs anymore????

  • William_M
    William_M Posts: 1,083 ✅ Verified Employee Moderator
    Options

    Hi @Jekyl, welcome to our community. The guide is still available from the Live TV section of the app, it just does not currently have a dedicated button and page.

  • DK8RIL
    DK8RIL Posts: 2 Spectator
    Options

    It is true the the guide is available from the Live TV section, but you can only see 4 lines at a time. There are too many channels to browse for this to be the best solution. Why was the guide removed and can't it be returned?

  • William_M
    William_M Posts: 1,083 ✅ Verified Employee Moderator
    Options

    I'm sorry for the inconvenience. I could only speculate why it was removed, maybe they were trying to reduce clutter. I will definitely forward your feedback.

  • cgraham5287
    cgraham5287 Posts: 1 Newcomer
    Options

    You can forward mine too. The guide being gone is so inconvenient when looking up what is on tv. I hope they bring the old guide back . I hate trying to look programs up on the Live TV Guide.

  • James_M
    James_M Posts: 4,706 ✅ Verified Employee Moderator
    Options

    All-

    I apologize for the frustration and inconvenience. I have reached out to the app team and they are aware of this issue and they are currently working on a fix.

    Please look for an app update in the near future that will provide a resolution.

  • James_M
    James_M Posts: 4,706 ✅ Verified Employee Moderator
    Options

    The app was updated on 9/6/23 on Android and Apple platforms to include styling and visibility updates. You can now press and hold in a guide cell to view the show description, recording options and more.

    Please download the latest app version to enjoy the updated features! 

  • lcarlyle
    lcarlyle Posts: 1 Newcomer
    Options

    Removing the Guide button from the app is completely ridiculous. That is the main button I (and probably most people) use. I keep an iPad on the table in my TV room, and look at the Guide numerous times a day to see what’s on. And now it’s gone.

    The Live TV button is useless, and is not a good replacement option. I don’t want something automatically playing, while I attempt to scroll through what’s on and upcoming later today. I use the Guide button 95% of the time and the On Demand button the other 5%. I have no need for the Live TV button. The Guide also let me jump ahead to prime time, or tomorrow or next week, to see what’s on.

    Please bring back the Guide button! It is highly inconvenient to have it missing. I guess I will go have to go elsewhere for my TV listings until the Spectrum developers put the Guide button back. Very disappointing at this point.

This discussion has been closed.