Router not connecting VPN

Options
pr120
pr120 Posts: 4 Spectator
edited January 10 in Internet 2023 Archive

I can't connect to one of the VPNs I need to use for work when I'm on my home Spectrum wifi. It does connect when I switch to using my iPhone hotspot for Internet access, so it doesn't seem to be a problem on my computer. And my other VPN does connect easily through the Spectrum router.

Are there setttings (eg ranges of IP addresses) I should look for on the router and/or in the VPN software that I can change to allow the connection?

Thanks

Best Answer

• Renee_T
    Renee_T Posts: 689 ✅ Verified Employee Moderator
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hello @pr120

It does look like it's been a while since the equipment as been rebooted, so you may want to try rebooting the modem and router and then logging into the VPN again. If that doesn't work it may be that with VPNs, there may be an issue with the ports needing to be opened. I took a look at the equipment on the account and ports can be opened by logging in to your router. The instructions on logging in can be found here. It does look like it's been a while since the equipment as been rebooted, so you may want to try rebooting the modem and router and then logging into the VPN again.

Answers

• pr120
    pr120 Posts: 4 Spectator
    Options

Thanks for getting back to me. It turns out that my wife had started to be able to use the VPN on Spectrum wifi but had failed to tell me! So whatever the problem was a couple of weeks ago had somehow gone away even before I rebooted yesterday per your advice. Never mind!

• Renee_T
    Renee_T Posts: 689 ✅ Verified Employee Moderator
    Options

I'm glad to hear it started working for her! Please feel free to post here on the community if there's anything we can help with in the future.

This discussion has been closed.