Outgoing SMTP still failing

Options
JohnNC
JohnNC Posts: 5 Spectator
edited January 10 in Internet 2023 Archive

I need an answer to this immediately. This has been going on for months now. My previous post.

I am paying for an email account. This needs to be fixed.

"The outgoing email if give me an error in Outlook, Thunderbird... I am using my original Time/Warner Cable email... @carolina.rr.com. POP3 server, mail.twc.com. Stopped working about 4 days ago. Last time I had and email issue (about 6 months ago) there was a script that Spectrum ran that fixed my email. Can you help with this?"

Comments

• HT_Greenfield
    HT_Greenfield Posts: 735 Contributor
    Options

I don't know but it sounds like mail.twc.com might now be expecting the "user name" you're using to auth with, coupled with your password, to be your email address rather than just the id. part of your email address. Just curious if you could try that unless you're already doing so.

• Jaleesa_F
    Jaleesa_F Posts: 379 ✅ Verified Employee Moderator
    Options

Good morning @JohnNC!

We're sorry to hear that you're experiencing issues with your mail client. Have you tried logging directly into the Webmail server via spectrum.net? Can you log in there and try sending yourself a message? Let us know if that's working for you.

• JohnNC
    Options

Yes I have tried that. The way I am setting it up in Outlook is the way Spectrum has on their Web Site.

WHAT IS GOING ON HERE ? ? ? This has been months now and nothing.

• JohnNC
    Options

Sorry, this does not work either. I have tried everything to send email out. Nothing works.

How can I have this EXCULATED?

• William_M
    William_M Posts: 1,117 ✅ Verified Employee Moderator
    Options

Hey @JohnNC, can you be more specific about what happens when you try to sign in to the webmail? Any error messages? The last time you posted you stated you were able to sign in and send/receive through the webmail so it sounds like you might have a different problem now.

This discussion has been closed.