Internet doesn’t work and every information in my app is unavailable

Options
ynkwontop
ynkwontop Posts: 2 Spectator
edited January 10 in Internet 2023 Archive

Hello, I recently picked up a Router and modem from a local store. Both of them display solid blue lights, but every information in my Spectrum app (including my plan, modem status, etc.) is all unavailable.

I activated my modem and synced it with the router. Once they connected, wifi sign appears just for a sec and disappears and never works. Could you resolve this issue? Multiple reboot/restarts and some online troubleshooting tips don’t work so far.

Comments

• William_M
    William_M Posts: 1,117 ✅ Verified Employee Moderator
    Options

Hi @ynkwontop, welcome to our community!

I was able to locate your account and it looks like you are using your own modem and router so you won't be able to manage them through the app. If you are having trouble connecting to WiFi, that is a problem with the router. I recommend connecting one device straight to the modem with ethernet and then reboot the modem, wait for the online light to come on before testing for internet.

• ynkwontop
    ynkwontop Posts: 2 Spectator
    Options

Hello @William_M

Thank you very much for your prompt response. Okay, then I should purchase an Ethernet cable and connect my Mac to the modem directly (not using a router). I will try the method and question again if I can’t resolve this issue.

This discussion has been closed.