Charter.net email problem

Options
HASKINML
HASKINML Posts: 3 Spectator
edited January 10 in Internet 2023 Archive

I have had a "@charter.net" email address for 15+ years. Something recently changed and the last time I was able to access the email was Monday, July 31st, 2023. I am using the email account from the mail application on my iPhone and MacBook.

I am no longer able to send/receive mail from these mail applications. I have also tried to access the account via the spectrum webmail website but when I enter my credentials it just redirects me the spectrum account logon.

Was something changed recently and is there anyway for me to continue to access this email account?

Answers

• Ruben_R
    Ruben_R Posts: 80 ✅ Verified Employee Moderator
    Options

I am sorry for the email issues that you're experiencing. Are you receiving a specific error message?

• HASKINML
    edited August 2023
    Options

I get a message saying the username or password is not valid. When I try to send an email to my charter email account from another email service I get a message back saying:

Address not found Your message wasn't delivered to <removed> because the address couldn't be found, or is unable to receive mail.

Like the account has been deleted.

• HT_Greenfield
    HT_Greenfield Posts: 702 Contributor
    Options

Log on to your at-large Spectrum account at www.spectrum.net and then hit 👤⌄ and see if what it shows for your full-blown username is one and the same as what your de facto email address has been and then hit the Email tab if it's up there to the left of that and see if you can get to your webmail portal that way and whether you are able to send and/or receive email messages and how much of your storage limit is still available.

• HASKINML
    edited August 2023
    Options

My email account does show up under settings but has and error message next to it that says "This email address is unverified". When I try to verify it is sending the verification code to the email account I can't access.

Verify Your Email Address

We sent a verification code to <removed>. Please enter the code. 

Can it be verified by sending the code to my phone or another email account?

Thanks!

• HT_Greenfield
    HT_Greenfield Posts: 702 Contributor
    Options

One thing at a time. To be more clear: log on to your Spectrum account via www.spectrum.net and then hit the 👤⌄ symbol and just look at the pop-down without hitting Settings and see if what the pop-down shows for your full-blown username is one and the same as what you think your de facto email address should be and then - again without hitting Settings - hit the Email link/tab if it's up there to the left of the 👤⌃ symbol and see if you can get to your webmail portal that way and whether you can send and receive messages and how much of your storage limit is still available.

This discussion has been closed.