spectrum email was automatically up dated to version 3.0 now all my contacts are missing.

Options
RonM48423
RonM48423 Posts: 1 Newcomer
edited January 10 in Internet 2023 Archive

When spectrum email automatically updated to version 3.0 all my contacts disappeared. spectrum rep. says they are aware of this and yet they released the new version. I now have to re-create all contacts.

Comments

• William_M
    William_M Posts: 1,117 ✅ Verified Employee Moderator
    Options

Hi @RonM48423, welcome to our community!

I'm very sorry for the trouble with your contact. We are aware of an issue with the contacts not transferring but our engineers are already working on a fix.

• KathyS
    KathyS Posts: 1 Newcomer
    Options

Why would you release a "new system" that is already broken?? I too have no contacts and I'm ready to change away from Spectrum before I would remake all my contacts! Is anyone listening??

• William_M
    Options

Hi @KathyS, welcome to our community.

The issue was not detected until we had already started migrating users to the new webmail. Further migration has been stopped until the issue is fully resolved. We are very sorry for the inconvenience this has caused, I am confident our engineers will correct this soon.

• Tnos
    Tnos Posts: 1 Newcomer
    Options

Any update on fixing the problem?

• GailH49423
    GailH49423 Posts: 1 Newcomer
    Options

I cannot believe this new program was not tested before being released. And who are these computer geniuses that did this? No excuses acceptable. Get it fixed soon or you will lose a lot of customers, beginning with me.

• William_M
    Options

I am very sorry for the inconvenience. Everything is tested before release but bugs can still be missed, especially when it comes to things like legacy email addresses (anything other than @spectrum.net). Our developers are working hard to fix this as soon as possible but have not provided any estimates.

This discussion has been closed.