My Spectrum Email service was automatically updated to the newer service and now all my contacts are

Options
Gern
Gern Posts: 5 Spectator
edited January 10 in Internet 2023 Archive

Answers

• Gern
    Options

My Spectrum email service was just automaticlly updated to the new service and now all of my contacts are gone. Is there any way to fix this? If not I've now got hours of work to do to get them back in there.

• Lyn_T
    Lyn_T Posts: 411 ✅ Verified Employee Moderator
    Options

Good evening @Gern and Welcome to our Community Forums

Thank you for reaching out to us about the recent update with our Webmail. I am sorry the contacts didn't automatically transfer over. I will need to ask a few questions to determine the best course of action. Is this happening with multiple email addresses or just one? Did any of your contacts transfer over or none at all? -Lyn

• Gern
    Options

Well, now problem number two presents it's self. I can sign into the email address that I primarily use. I have 3 lesser used email addresses and after signing off and attempting to sign in multiple times, I find that I am unable to sign into any of those 3 email addresses. It goes to a page that says I'm now signed into that email, then I click on the number of emails that it shows that I have, and it takes me to a page that says "Page Not Found".

When using my primary email address, none of my previous contacts have transferred over.

• William_M
    William_M Posts: 1,117 ✅ Verified Employee Moderator
    Options

An issue has been identified with the contacts not transferring which our engineers are working to fix, but the Page Not Found error is different. Will you please try clearing your cookies and cache, and/or test from a different device?

• Gern
    Options

First I tried another browser. I went from Firefox to Safari, on my iMac. I then successfully logged into my other 3 email addresses through the Spectrum webpage, but it was still through the old system. I went back and re-logged in via Safari, in hopes of finding a way to successfully export my contact list to the newer version of the Spectrum email service, but it then automatically updated me to the newer version and wallah, no more contacts in my account.

So then I shut everything down and cleared out all the cookies and caches. I was then able to sign into all of my email addresses via FIrefox but still no contacts in my account. Is there, will there ever be, any fix for this?

What I like about the newer version is that I do not have to continuously re-sign in every few minutes to keep seeing/using/sending my emails. That was painfully frustrating.

What I do not like about this new version is:

-- My contact list is gone.

-- It takes much longer for a new email to load than previously. Now I click on the next email, and I wait and wait until the test finally appears. Frustrating.

-- Previously, any new incoming emails would automatically appear after some time frame, like maybe 1-5 minutes? Now an hour or two will go by, but no new emails will appear until I click on "Get Mail".

We high paying customers need a little more love from your company. When your "improvements" cause more grief than cause any actual improvements, we begin to ask ourselves, why in the living hell are we even here.

• Gern
    Options

"Some" of my contacts have showed up now, but only around 25% of them I'd guess.

This discussion has been closed.