Spectrum repeatedly logs me out of iMessage. Any help?

Options
TominPSP
TominPSP Posts: 3 Spectator
edited September 2023 in Spectrum Mobile

Spectrum repeatedly logs me out of iMessage. Any help?

Answers

• Lyn_T
    Lyn_T Posts: 396 ✅ Verified Employee Moderator
    Options

Good evening @TominPSP and Welcome to our Community Forums.

Thank you for reaching out to us about your mobile device being logged out of iMessages. There may be several reasons this is happening, It may be that your WiFI signal is experiencing an issue. Are you able to try resetting your modem/router? This can be done by unplugging the cable line, power line, and removing the battery backup if you have one for both the modem and the router for a solid 3-5 minutes. Are you able to try this and let us know? - Lyn

• HT_Greenfield
    HT_Greenfield Posts: 718 Contributor
    Options

Just curious what the indications are that your mobile data service is kicking you out of iMessage. Other than you yourself, only Apple should be able to do that.

• TominPSP
    Options

The error message is: "iMessage is signed out. An error occurred and your account ( ) is signed out of iMessage. You may miss messages as a result. Please go to Settings to address this issue." Inside the ( ) is the word Spectrum and my Spectrum phone number.

I have 2 lines operating on this iPhone and have had so for several years. One is a US number on Spectrum and one is a Canadian number on Freedom. I recently switched from Cricket to Spectrum for my US number and that's when the trouble with iMessage started. Never had this particular error message until the switch.

The error occurs when I have been out in the backcountry in Canada with no cell service and then return to an area with cell service. WiFi is not involved at all.

• James_M
    James_M Posts: 4,729 ✅ Verified Employee Moderator
    Options

Does the issue only occur when you leave an area with cell service? Does the mobile device require you to sign back in after you return to scell service, or is it automatic?

• TominPSP
    Options

I believe that the problem only occurs when I leave and then return to cell coverage. iMessage gets turned off and I must manually go to settings to turn it back on.

• James_M
    James_M Posts: 4,729 ✅ Verified Employee Moderator
    Options

Thanks. I would suggest calling Spectrum Mobile directly at 1-833-224-6603 for further troubleshooting with this issue, since it is unclear if it is a cell service or device issue.

This discussion has been closed.