How do I keep the network alive between the WiFi router and a given IP address?
My printer is brand new. What happened to my previous one? It went out the window. Why? Because every time I tried to print from my computer, it wouldn't print. I thought it was just old hardware with an old outdated NIC that couldn't maintain the connection anymore, so eventually it went out the window.
Today is the 2nd day with my brand new printer, released from Canon in 2023. I needed to print something, and the same story. The print job errored out. I tried to navigate to the Remote UI for the printer, but the website would never load. When I review the device status in "My Spectrum" app, it says the device is connected. When I looked on the printer, it said it was connected. However, when I browse the available SSID's to reset the connection on the printer, my SSID does not show.
I powered off the printer and powered it back on. All of my printouts started shooting out.
I am not going to reboot my printer every time I need to print something. So I called Canon, and they quickly responded that this is an issue with the WiFi router that I am using and I need to contact the hardware provider and tell them they need to keep alive the connection between the router and the printer IP address, and to not switch bands.
Now I feel silly for tossing my old printer out the window as it worked just fine, but I am guessing the same story - the Spectrum WiFi Router is either closing the connection or switching it to a different band.
I reviewed the similar thread here, but they blamed it on old printer hardware and an outdated NIC. https://community.spectrum.net/discussion/171525/wifi-printer-drops-offline-about-once-a-day
Has anyone come up with a solution?
Willing to invest in my own personal WiFi Router and throw this Spectrum "Advanced-Wifi" router out the window. But I'm not sure which WiFi Router will give me the flexibility to assign a specific band to an IP address. Suggestions?
- All Categories
- 52 Community Information
- 1 Community Guidelines
- 10 Community Instructions
- 10 Comunidad Latina
- 34 Suggestions & Feedback
- 2 Community Follow Up
- 251 Internet
- 7 Internet Tips, Resources & FAQs
- 50 Connectivity
- 40 Email
- 21 Home Networking
- 114 Internet 2023 Archive
- 170 Watch TV
- 9 Watch TV Tips, Resources & FAQs
- 35 TV Equipment
- 39 Channels & Programming
- 5 Individual TV Network Apps
- 8 watch.spectrum.net
- 74 Watch TV 2023 Archive
- 82 Spectrum TV App
- 6 Spectrum TV App Tips, Resources & FAQs
- 1 Troubleshooting the Spectrum TV App
- 31 Spectrum TV App Feedback - Apple Devices & Apple TV
- 11 Spectrum TV App Feedback - Android
- 28 Spectrum TV App Feedback - ROKU & Other devices
- 16 Spectrum TV for Roku Devices
- 21 Cloud DVR
- 33 Spectrum TV App 2023 Archive
- 42 Spectrum Mobile
- 42 Spectrum Mobile
- 30 Voice
- 24 Digital Phone
- 6 Voicemail
- 31 My Spectrum Account
- 24 Managing & Using your Spectrum Account
- 4 Troubleshooting the My Spectrum App
- 13 My Spectrum App - My Spectrum App Feedback
- 535 The Archives
- 470 Spectrum Archives: 2020 - Present
- 65 Legacy TWC Archives: 2013- 2020