How do I activate my devices, when they're already active?

Options
EagleEyes
EagleEyes Posts: 3 Spectator
edited January 10 in Internet 2023 Archive

Hi, I am having an issue with my Spectrum Account. My Devices are already active and I can't get this notification to go away. See picture below. When I click this, it shows my equipment. And the only issue I am having with that is, after I click it. I will then see the incorrect MAC address listed for my new Internet Modem. See the next picture, this mac address is from my old "Store bought" modem. I have not accepted any terms of agreement, nor have I actually activated the new equipment. A Spectrum Technician installed all my equipment for me. I called tech support for help, and they tried to help me the best they could and assured me my new equipment is active, and there is nothing to worry about. They also sent me a couple links to accept the agreement. Both links sent to me resulted in errors, which prompted to call support, I was told to wait and see what happens. However, I am still concerned over this. It doesn't feel official and I fear I might have to return the equipment for not accepting the agreement. I tried to activate the equipment through the My Spectrum App and it wants me to "Swap Modem". So I do that and I follow the instructions and then it has me wait 20 minutes, after that an error comes up prompting me to call support. Any insight, emotional support, and/or technical advice would be greatly appreciated.

Best Answers

• EagleEyes
    Answer ✓
    Options

Thank you for your insight William. You are correct, the issue of the devices being listed as ready to activate isn't causing my equipment any issues. Everything is running fine. However, it has been over 48 hours and it is still there. And so now, what I am most concerned about is the agreement I was supposed to accept (which for whatever reason the app and sent agreement won't let me accept due to errors) and whether or not that will cause any issues with my account. Is there anyway Spectrum can send me this agreement in writing? I just don't want to go through the hassle of returning all of my equipment over it, just to turn around and order and install it all again from scratch. So, it's more of an issue of me worrying about this, then it is with my equipments functionality.

• William_M
    William_M Posts: 1,117 ✅ Verified Employee Moderator
    Answer ✓
    Options

It doesn't look like it is an agreement issue, just as you mentioned customer owned modems listed on the account are not active. There's also no reason needing to sign an agreement would you require to return equipment and start services all over. If the service is already working then you should have nothing to worry about. If you still see the activation message after 48 hours the extra modems likely need to be removed from the account by calling 1-855-707-7328​​​, but it should cause no issue beyond seeing the message.

Answers

• William_M
    William_M Posts: 1,117 ✅ Verified Employee Moderator
    Options

Hi @EagleEyes, welcome to our community!

It can take up to 48 hours for the app to update changes. Having devices listed as ready to activate should not cause any issues regardless.

• EagleEyes
    Options

Thank you again Bill. That makes me feel so much better about my account knowing this now.

This discussion has been closed.