Why did my monthly Internet bill increase?

Options
redontop4
redontop4 Posts: 1 Newcomer

The monthly fee for Spectrum Internet service increased by $5 in September. Why? When and where was I informed of this increase? (I'm sure I missed it.)

Comments

• Jaleesa_F
    Jaleesa_F Posts: 379 ✅ Verified Employee Moderator
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hello @redontop4

Welcome to the Community! At Spectrum, we work hard on your behalf to keep prices as low as possible. We value your business and are committed to providing you with the latest products and technology. Despite our best efforts, rising costs have impacted our pricing. Due to the rising programming fees charged by the TV Networks we carry, their increases will be passed through to our customers. Effective with your next statement, the following pricing will change: • Broadcast TV Surcharge will increase by $1.00 per month. • Spectrum Internet will increase by $5.00 per month. You were notified of this via your billing statement in the News and Information section in the upper right hand corner of your billing statement.

• EmmettP
    EmmettP Posts: 1 Newcomer
    Options

My bill increased by a total of 10 dollars and there was no explanation in the upper right-hand corner of my statement. I don't subscribe to any cable TV channels, so changes in the cable lineup should not affect me.

• DSS1212
    DSS1212 Posts: 1 Newcomer
    Options

Certainly Spectrum could afford to absorb the rising programming fees and not pass these along to us customers. Bad form in times when money is tight. Even a $5.00 increase would have been much more palatable.

• ShaneB
    ShaneB Posts: 2 Spectator
    Options

Desperately need another company to start competing with Spectrum Internet.

• Secondratehero
    Secondratehero Posts: 1 Newcomer
    Options

TV prices are going up, let's substantially increase the price of internet. Doesn't make much sense to me, sound like another way to rake us over the coals.

This discussion has been closed.