Why am I still not getting some Disney-owned channels?

Options
deedleann824
deedleann824 Posts: 108 Contributor
edited October 2023 in Channels & Programming

I received an email from Spectrum saying that the Disney-owned channels have returned to the cable lineup. I tried to access FX this morning, but an still seeing the "blue screen".

Answers

• Satch
    Satch Posts: 5,321 Contributor
    Options

Hi,

Some areas, including mine had maintenance last night on TV services. Reboot your box.

Satch

• deedleann824
    Options

I found out that some Disney owned channels will not be returning to the Spectrum lineup including Freeform, FXX, Disney Junior, Disney XD, FXM, Baby TV, Nat Geo Wild and Nat Geo Mundo. 😫

• Satch
    Options

That is correct,

Probably a cost saving measure by the companies. Hulu I think has Freeform and some of the Disney channels lost in the deal. Eventually, you will be able to rent Hulu and Disney+ streaming services through Spectrum as part of the new carriage agreement. But for now, if you really miss those channels, you can try out Hulu.

Satch

• deedleann824
    Options

Doesn't Hulu require a smart TV?

• Satch
    Options

Not at all,

You can sign up and watch online through a web-browser. Here is a list of supported devices:

Satch

• deedleann824
    Options

Thanks for the info, but I need to have the channels on the TV so I can lay down and watch.

• Satch
    Options

Hey @deedleann824,

You should buy a Smart TV and than you will be all set with cable TV and the apps. They are so cheap. You will need to purchase an HDMI cable. Get a new one for about $15-$20 from Amazon or Best Buy.

Satch

This discussion has been closed.