Specifically what is error AUP#Out-1360

Options
Noob9
Noob9 Posts: 1 Newcomer
edited October 2023 in Email

I'm trying to fix an issue with my email forwarding to a family member and encountering this error. I've checked https://www.spectrum.net/support/internet/understanding-email-error-codes; I tried the online chat — "only bots here, sorry no humans" — and I've looked for some sort of email support, all rather unhelpful.

Spectrum/Charter lists the error thusly: [1350 - 1490: Spectrum limits emails by the number of messages sent, amount of recipients, potential for spam and invalid recipients.] which is nearly useless to me. I can see from the "Out-" that it's something to do with my outbound mail. I can infer from the "info-light" that I've violated some send quota limit.

What I can't get a handle on is getting this fixed on my end so I don't run into this. For that, I need specific info. Right now I can't see what I've got messed up so I can correct it.

Thanks for any help!

Tagged:

Best Answer

• James_M
    James_M Posts: 4,729 ✅ Verified Employee Moderator
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hi & welcome !

1350 - 1490: Spectrum limits emails by the number of messages sent, amount of recipients, potential for spam and invalid recipients

AUP #OUT-1360 is a generic acceptable use policy error that covers multiple situations. For this error, either the quantity of messages or the number of reciepients is causing the error. Basically, it has been flagged as potential spam.

I've included a link to the Spectrum Terms of Service and Internet / email Acceptable Use Policy that may be useful.

Answers

• Ruben_R
    Ruben_R Posts: 84 ✅ Verified Employee Moderator
    Options

I do apologize for this inconvenience. Are you using the webmail page or an email program like outlook? On the Forwarding email do you have more than 1 email address?

This discussion has been closed.