why am I unable to place seasonal cottage on seasonal hold?

Options
shelcran
shelcran Posts: 3 Spectator

Attempted to place seasonal cottage account on seasonal hold...was told there had to be atleast 9 months of active service before this could happen. This would mean, account would be active for 5 months with no one staying at cottage. Totally confused why this isn't possible with this seasonal cottage. Do I need to cancel account?

Answers

• Lyn_T
    Lyn_T Posts: 393 ✅ Verified Employee Moderator
    Options

Good evening @shelcran and Welcome to our Community Forums

Thank you for reaching out to us about our Seasonal Program. There are requirements that your account will need to meet in order to qualify for this program. To learn more please click on the Seasonal Information Link If you have any other questions please let us know. - Lyn

• shelcran
    Options

I appreciate your response. What I don't understand is why this seasonal hold is an issue. For over 20 years, we have submitted and were able to place this cottage on a seasonal hold from fall to late spring. This is the first year that we were unable to do this...the explanation of requiring 9 months of active service was/is news to us. My options are to either disconnect the service and start from scratch in June 2024 or pay the cost per month to continue the programing, despite the cottage being empty and closed up for the season.

• shelcran
    Options

I've reread all the info on seasonal status. Perhaps the issue is attempting to schedule a hold before the "once a year/12 months" has occurred? In this case, I will need to retry after the date I placed the system on hold last year (and the years prior to that) OR does the one year/12 months start counting when the system is returned to regular account/off seasonal hold??

• Renee_T
    Renee_T Posts: 682 ✅ Verified Employee Moderator
    Options

The 12 months would start from the date that you put the account on seasonal hold. There is usually a bit of a grace period before that date, but as long as it's close to the same date you put it on last year, you should be good to set up this year's seasonal hold.

This discussion has been closed.