Why does the audio keep skipping/repeating and also buffering?

Options
Cathryn
Cathryn Posts: 2 Spectator
edited October 2023 in TV Equipment

As I watch and listen to TV - all channels affected - the audio repeats every few seconds. For example, I hear, "...with 70s in the afternoon 70s in the afternoon... Very annoying!!!

In addition, I see "buffering" everyday. And I notice a lag when I am using the Internet. I can type a few words and see nothing; it takes a few seconds to catch up with my typing.

Thanks.

Best Answers

• Lyn_T
    Lyn_T Posts: 393 ✅ Verified Employee Moderator
    Answer ✓
    Options

Good evening @Cathryn and Welcome to our Community Forums

Thank you for reaching out to us. I am sorry that you are noticing this concern with our streaming App. We do have a couple of suggestions that may help out. Are you able to uninstall the App and reinstall the App? Also, We recommend that you attempt to reset all the internet equipment. This can be done by unplugging the cable line, power line, and removing the battery backup if you have one for both the modem and the router for a solid 3-5 minutes. When you reconnect all lines please make sure they are secure and tight.   If this does not help out please let us know. -Lyn

• Cathryn
    Cathryn Posts: 2 Spectator
    Answer ✓
    Options

Thanks so much! I did uninstall/reinstall the app AND restart the equipment. In the end, a technician had to come out and replace to line from the pole to the house.

Thanks,

Cathryn

This discussion has been closed.