Spectrum app down again, DVS-1001 & DDP1010

Options
RR7
RR7 Posts: 2 Spectator

I'm trying to use the Spectrum TV app on an ASUS Nexus 7 tablet. The app normally works well but after the latest update (2 weeks ago) the Live tv and On demand features have stopped working and I keep getting the errors DVS-1001 and DDP-1010, respectively.

My Wi-Fi and Internet connection are working properly. I've tried: restarting my device; clearing the cache; changing the Wi-Fi frequency; and, uninstalling/reinstalling the app.

This same issue happened about a year ago, but seemed to resolve itself after a week or so? Any help/suggestions appreciated!

Comments

• James_M
    James_M Posts: 4,750 ✅ Verified Employee Moderator
    Options

Hi & welcome!

Those are errors that occur when a stream or on demand is unable to launch. What OS is currently running on the device? Do you have a different, more current device that you can test?

• RR7
    RR7 Posts: 2 Spectator
    edited September 2023
    Options

The app is working on other devices, so it seems to only be an issue with my tablet. It's running Android 6.0.1, and I'm not having any issues with running any other apps on it. (And everything was working fine 2 weeks ago, before the latest update)

Interestingly, when I try to use the Spectrum website to watch live TV in the Chrome browser on this same tablet, the website denies access saying it's necessary to update Chrome and/or OS...

• James_M
    James_M Posts: 4,750 ✅ Verified Employee Moderator
    edited September 2023
    Options

Thanks!

Since the app is working on other devices, it shows that the app itself is working and there are no issues with your connection or credentials. It sounds like an issue with the device itself.

Next steps would include checking for updates on the ASUS device and even reaching out ASUS for additional troubleshooting.

This discussion has been closed.