Easily get to next episode of an On Demand series

Options
sprill
sprill Posts: 36 Contributor
edited January 19 in Watch TV 2023 Archive

Started to watch a several season series using On Demand from my Arris DCX3520e-M DVR. When I go to watch the next episode, on another day, I press the Menu button on the remote, go to My Library, click right, scroll down to my Watchlist, select the show, select Browse Episodes, scroll and select the season that I am currently watching, then scroll to the episode I want to watch. Then my wife tells me she wants closed caption on so I have to do the whole process over because as far as I know you cannot start closed caption while in on demand,

Please tell me that there is an easier way to access the next episode without jumping through hoops and without getting anything extra from Spectrum.

Thanks so much for looking/helping.

PS - needed to enter a category and could not find a category for On Demand or something that fit this question so I was not sure where to put this. If you have a suggestion I would appreciate it. This seems to have happened for my other posts as well.

Best Answer

• Jaleesa_F
    Jaleesa_F Posts: 370 ✅ Verified Employee Moderator
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hello @sprill

At this time, there is no shorter process. However, I am happy to pass your suggestions along. My apologies for any inconvenience.

Answers

• sprill
    Options

Wow. Thanks for responding. I thought for sure that there had to be an easier method.

• Satch
    Satch Posts: 5,321 Contributor
    edited September 2023
    Options

Hello,

That does not make sense that you can't start Closed-Captioning when viewing On Demand, You should be able to go to Menu, Settings and Support, and go to Accessibility options to take control on any program. If for some reason, you can't when the On Demand Menu is showing, Start any On Demand Show and when the program plays, go to Menu/Settings and Support/Accessibility Options/Closed Captioning.

Shortcuts Below Should Work:

There should be one of two short cuts that should bring you to Closed Captioning (Depending on model of remote):

1.) Options Button.

2.) Or if you have A, B, C, (optional D) button on your remote, press A.

Your original question about getting to the next episode of a series, I agree with @Jaleesa_F I don't think there is a shortcut for that. You would have to go DVR Series Manager or My Library and find your series to manage them that way. (Series options depend on the guide software loaded on the box.)

Satch

• sprill
    Options

Hi Satch,

Thanks for responding. I have the remote with the A, B,C, D buttons. When watching regular cable I use the A button all the time to turn Closed Captions on/off. However the A does nothing when I'm in a show using On Demand.

I also tried pressing the "Options" button on the "World Box" SR-002-U remote that I also have and it did not work to turn on closed captions while in an on-demand show. I just prefer the old grey remote.

Also, I found a bit of a shortcut for the series/next episode issue. If I select Menu, My Library, then instead of scrolling down to Watchlist, go down to "Recently Watched" and select the the show from there. Once selected it goes right to the next episode to watch. This eliminates having to select Browse Episodes, then scrolling and selecting the season that I am currently watching, then scrolling to the episode I want to watch when doing this from the Watchlist selection.

Saves a few steps. Its the little things that make us happy. LOL!!

• Satch
    Satch Posts: 5,321 Contributor
    edited September 2023
    Options

Thanks @sprill!

Does anyone else running Spectrum Guide notice that the A button on said remotes fails to activate closed captioning shortcuts for On Demand programs? This should be brought to the attention of the Spectrum Guide Development Team!

Satch

This discussion has been closed.